EXCLUSIVE: Oscilloscope Laboratories acquired North American rights to the Dylan Southern/Will Lovelace-directed Shut Up and Play The Hits, which documents the final days of LCD Soundsystem. The film premiered at Sundance and then played SXSW. I’m told it will l be released in special one-night-only engagements in theaters nationwide this summer. WME Global’s Mark Ankner made the deal. It was only a year ago that the band played its final show at Madison Square Garden after LCD frontman James Murphy had made the decision to disband while the group was at its peak.
Oscilloscope Acquires LCD Soundsystem Break-Up Pic 'Shut Up And Play The Hits'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
Latest Film News
- Doug Liman Exits ‘Justice League Dark’ Movie
- Tom Cruise Says ‘Top Gun 2’ Will Be Filming “In The Next Year”
- Sony Pegs Release Dates For ‘The Nightingale’ And ‘Charlie’s Angels’
- Bona Film Group Stakes $80M On Roland Emmerich/Mark Gordon WWII Battle Pic ‘Midway:’ Cannes
- Film Allman Loses Case Against New York Marine Insurer: “No New Info From FBI”
- Youth Revolution On The Croisette As Screen Kids Take Over Cannes