EXCLUSIVE: Oscilloscope Laboratories acquired North American rights to the Dylan Southern/Will Lovelace-directed Shut Up and Play The Hits, which documents the final days of LCD Soundsystem. The film premiered at Sundance and then played SXSW. I’m told it will l be released in special one-night-only engagements in theaters nationwide this summer. WME Global’s Mark Ankner made the deal. It was only a year ago that the band played its final show at Madison Square Garden after LCD frontman James Murphy had made the decision to disband while the group was at its peak.
Oscilloscope Acquires LCD Soundsystem Break-Up Pic 'Shut Up And Play The Hits'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21M+; 'I Feel Pretty' $18M; 'Super Troopers 2' Arrests $16M - Saturday Update
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Jane the Virgin' Finale': Series Creator On That Shocking Twist, 'Dallas'-Inspired Cliffhanger, Season 5 & Show's Endgame
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Latest Film News
- Sylvester Stallone Asks Trump To Pardon Boxer Jack Johnson – President Considers It
- James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To ‘Terminator’, And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On…
- ‘Maine’ Clip: Tribeca Drama Explores Self Discovery, Love In Nature
- ‘Braid’ Clip: A Demented Game Is Afoot In Mitzi Peirone’s Tribeca Thriller
- Verne Troyer Dies: ‘Austin Powers’ Actor Was 49
- The Week In Deadline Video & Podcasts: Maggie Gyllenhaal, Darren Criss, Frankie Shaw