EXCLUSIVE: Oscilloscope Laboratories acquired North American rights to the Dylan Southern/Will Lovelace-directed Shut Up and Play The Hits, which documents the final days of LCD Soundsystem. The film premiered at Sundance and then played SXSW. I’m told it will l be released in special one-night-only engagements in theaters nationwide this summer. WME Global’s Mark Ankner made the deal. It was only a year ago that the band played its final show at Madison Square Garden after LCD frontman James Murphy had made the decision to disband while the group was at its peak.
Oscilloscope Acquires LCD Soundsystem Break-Up Pic 'Shut Up And Play The Hits'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday's Bonkers Press Conference
Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Latest Film News
- Ric Reitz Re-Elected President Of SAG-AFTRA Atlanta Local, Continues Run Of Wins For Gabrielle Carteris Supporters
- New York Talent Agent Mark Schlegel Missing Since Sunday, Family Says
- ‘Logan Lucky’ Review: Channing Tatum & Game Cast Steal Lots Of Laughs In Soderbergh’s Directorial Return
- ‘Gravity’ Helmer Alfonso Cuaron Exits WME; Anonymous Content Will Be Primary Rep
- Damien Chazelle Joins Twitter To Voice Opinion About Trump Administration, Political Climate
- Shawn Christian, Lou Ferrigno Jr., Sabina Gadecki & More Cast In Indie Film ‘Trapped’