EXCLUSIVE: Oscilloscope Laboratories acquired North American rights to the Dylan Southern/Will Lovelace-directed Shut Up and Play The Hits, which documents the final days of LCD Soundsystem. The film premiered at Sundance and then played SXSW. I’m told it will l be released in special one-night-only engagements in theaters nationwide this summer. WME Global’s Mark Ankner made the deal. It was only a year ago that the band played its final show at Madison Square Garden after LCD frontman James Murphy had made the decision to disband while the group was at its peak.
Oscilloscope Acquires LCD Soundsystem Break-Up Pic 'Shut Up And Play The Hits'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Damon & George Clooney Tell 'GMA' They Knew Harvey Weinstein Was An "A**hole" But Not A Sexual Predator
Latest Film News
- Echo Bridge Scores Timely Evan Peters Movie ‘The Pirates Of Somalia’ For December Bow
- ‘What Haunts Us’ Documentary Director On Sexual Predators: “We Can Stop This From Happening”
- Weinstein Company Hit With Subpoena From NY AG Over Sexual Harassment Claims
- Regal Plans 2018 Launch For 28-Page, Augmented-Reality Program Moviebill
- Anonymous Content Makes Long-Term First-Look With Michael Sugar’s Sugar23 Productions
- New Regency Sets Multi-Year Deal With Oscar-Winning Director Steve McQueen