The chief of the struggling cable network didn’t have much to say to advertisers gathered in New York to hear about the prospects for OWN — and other channels affiliated with Discovery Communications. “I’m having the climb of my life,” Winfrey said while thanking them for their support. She acknowledged that OWN is “nowhere near the summit” but added that “at least I can see the summit.” Other execs described the channel’s programming plans, and progress in expanding its audience. Before her appearance, OWN showed the spoof from Jimmy Kimmel’s post-Oscars special, in which he pitches Winfrey series ideas, including Book Club Fight Club. (Winfrey slugged a club member who questioned whether she had really read To Kill A Mockingbird.) A video opening OWN’s presentation upfront said: “This is a story about momentum. Emotion. OWN is on the move.”
Oprah Winfrey Says She Can “See The Summit” For OWN
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…