Omar Epps wrote the romantic comedy under his production banner BrooklynWorks Films and will star and produce with Tracey Edmonds of Our Stories Films. He told Deadline the finished script is about two best friends “looking for love in the wrong places with a contemporary twist.” Between Us is being financed by Bryan “Baby” Williams and Ronald “Slim” Williams, CEOs of the YMCMB record label, whose roster includes Lil Wayne, Drake and Nicki Minaj. Epps said the pairing with YMCMB came because they’re looking to expand their brand. “They loved the concept and in a perfect world, we’ll be shooting late summer or early fall, but you know how that goes.” A search for a director is currently underway. Epps is also developing several television projects including Southern Gothic, a one-hour drama written by Michael Nourse. E1 is financing and Alfre Woodard is attached to produce with Epps. BrooklynWorks recently completed the low-budget fantasy musical You, Me & The Circus starring Anita Breim and Matt Dallas. Epps produced and financed the film directed by Ty Hodges and GoDigital will release it this summer. Epps also recently sold travel show Mile High starring David Arquette and Mike McGuiness to the Travel Channel. That project is being executive produced by Epps, Arquette, McGuiness, and Courteney Cox.
Omar Epps To Star In And Produce 'Between Us'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Brooks
- Nick Cave Doc '20,000 Days On Earth' Has Big Three Days in Crowded Specialty Film Box Office
- Nick Cave, Terry Gilliam, Kevin Smith Films Among 14 Specialty Debuts
- 'The Skeleton Twins' Holds Key To Stellar Specialty Film Box Office Bow
- Specialty Box Office Preview: James Gandolfini's 'The Drop', 'The Disappearance Of Eleanor Rigby: Them', More
- 'Snowpiercer' VOD More Than Doubles U.S. Gross To Nearly $11 Million
- 'Last Days In Vietnam' Has Robust Specialty Box Office Debut