Omar Epps wrote the romantic comedy under his production banner BrooklynWorks Films and will star and produce with Tracey Edmonds of Our Stories Films. He told Deadline the finished script is about two best friends “looking for love in the wrong places with a contemporary twist.” Between Us is being financed by Bryan “Baby” Williams and Ronald “Slim” Williams, CEOs of the YMCMB record label, whose roster includes Lil Wayne, Drake and Nicki Minaj. Epps said the pairing with YMCMB came because they’re looking to expand their brand. “They loved the concept and in a perfect world, we’ll be shooting late summer or early fall, but you know how that goes.” A search for a director is currently underway. Epps is also developing several television projects including Southern Gothic, a one-hour drama written by Michael Nourse. E1 is financing and Alfre Woodard is attached to produce with Epps. BrooklynWorks recently completed the low-budget fantasy musical You, Me & The Circus starring Anita Breim and Matt Dallas. Epps produced and financed the film directed by Ty Hodges and GoDigital will release it this summer. Epps also recently sold travel show Mile High starring David Arquette and Mike McGuiness to the Travel Channel. That project is being executive produced by Epps, Arquette, McGuiness, and Courteney Cox.
Omar Epps To Star In And Produce 'Between Us'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Brooks
- Julianne Moore Leads ‘Maps To The Stars’ Into Theaters: Special B.O. Preview
- On Oscar Weekend, Foreign-Language Nominee ‘Wild Tales’ Has Solid Debut
- Oscar Nominee ‘Wild Tales’ Hits Specialty Theaters Just Ahead Of The Big Show
- ‘What We Do In The Shadows’ Steps Into Spotlight With 2015’s Best Per-Screen Debut
- Spike Lee, Anna Kendrick, David Cross Pics Counter ‘Fifty Shades': Specialty Preview
- Oscar-Nominated Shorts Go Long, Passing $1M In Specialty Box Office