Jessica Shulman has been tapped to run Neal Baer’s newly launched production company Baer Bones Inc. Former Law & Order: SVU showrunner Baer is finishing the first year of a three-year overall deal at CBS TV Studios. The move signals a shift to development for Baer, who jumped into showunner duties on CBS Studios’ CBS series A Gifted Man on day one of his deal and focused his attention on the freshman medical drama for most of last year. “Jessica is a savvy executive who has a gift for working with writers and a great sense of storytelling,” Baer said. Shulman most recently spent two months volunteering at an orphanage in Ethiopia after a stint as a member of the production and acquisitions group at Overture Films. Before that, she was an executive for Daniel Bobker and Ehren Kruger’s Bobker Kruger Films. She began her career in the MP Lit department at Paradigm, which reps Baer.
Neal Baer Hires Jessica Shulman To Run His CBS TV Studios-Based Production Company
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M Cume; 'As Above' Best Of Newcomers; 'Cantinflas' Opens Well
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'