In one of the most closely watched ratings races, NBC’s Today show topped Good Morning America last week when the ABC program had former Today star Katie Couric as guest co-host. With hyped appearances by Meredith Vieira on Monday, Sarah Palin on Tuesday, Ryan Seacrest on Wednesday and veteran host Matt Lauer announcing his new deal on Friday, Today drew 5.11 million viewers last week, up 11% from the previous week. GMA (4.90 million) got a smaller boost in viewership, up 1%. Among adults 25-54, both shows actually declined slightly. Today (2.14 million) was down 2%, GMA (1.83 million) was down 5%. GMA won Wednesday in total viewers, with the other 4 days going to Today.
NBC's 'Today' Tops ABC's 'Good Morning America' In Ratings For Katie Couric Week
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Andreeva
- Quartet Cast In HBO's 'Crime' Miniseries
- ABC Nabs Fortune Feimster Comedy From Matt Hubbard, Tina Fey & Robert Carlock
- Lifetime Orders 'Lizzie Borden' Limited Series Starring Christina Ricci
- 'Bewitched' Follow-Up Series Lands At NBC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Brad Silberling Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- Amanda Righetti Joins Carlton Cuse's USA Pilot 'Colony'