In one of the most closely watched ratings races, NBC’s Today show topped Good Morning America last week when the ABC program had former Today star Katie Couric as guest co-host. With hyped appearances by Meredith Vieira on Monday, Sarah Palin on Tuesday, Ryan Seacrest on Wednesday and veteran host Matt Lauer announcing his new deal on Friday, Today drew 5.11 million viewers last week, up 11% from the previous week. GMA (4.90 million) got a smaller boost in viewership, up 1%. Among adults 25-54, both shows actually declined slightly. Today (2.14 million) was down 2%, GMA (1.83 million) was down 5%. GMA won Wednesday in total viewers, with the other 4 days going to Today.
NBC's 'Today' Tops ABC's 'Good Morning America' In Ratings For Katie Couric Week
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M Cume; 'As Above' Best Of Newcomers; 'Cantinflas' Opens Well
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'