In one of the most closely watched ratings races, NBC’s Today show topped Good Morning America last week when the ABC program had former Today star Katie Couric as guest co-host. With hyped appearances by Meredith Vieira on Monday, Sarah Palin on Tuesday, Ryan Seacrest on Wednesday and veteran host Matt Lauer announcing his new deal on Friday, Today drew 5.11 million viewers last week, up 11% from the previous week. GMA (4.90 million) got a smaller boost in viewership, up 1%. Among adults 25-54, both shows actually declined slightly. Today (2.14 million) was down 2%, GMA (1.83 million) was down 5%. GMA won Wednesday in total viewers, with the other 4 days going to Today.
NBC's 'Today' Tops ABC's 'Good Morning America' In Ratings For Katie Couric Week
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Defenders’: S.J. Clarkson Returning To Marvel Universe To Direct Netflix Series
- ‘The Great Indoors’ Off To Decent Ratings Start, ‘Pure Genius’ Soft, NBC Lineup Up
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Ratings Hit 2nd Best Live+3 Results Ever With Season 7 Debut
- ‘Making History’: Fox Cuts Order Of Midseason Comedy Series To 9 Episodes
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing