In one of the most closely watched ratings races, NBC’s Today show topped Good Morning America last week when the ABC program had former Today star Katie Couric as guest co-host. With hyped appearances by Meredith Vieira on Monday, Sarah Palin on Tuesday, Ryan Seacrest on Wednesday and veteran host Matt Lauer announcing his new deal on Friday, Today drew 5.11 million viewers last week, up 11% from the previous week. GMA (4.90 million) got a smaller boost in viewership, up 1%. Among adults 25-54, both shows actually declined slightly. Today (2.14 million) was down 2%, GMA (1.83 million) was down 5%. GMA won Wednesday in total viewers, with the other 4 days going to Today.
NBC's 'Today' Tops ABC's 'Good Morning America' In Ratings For Katie Couric Week
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot