EXCLUSIVE: Nancy Meyers is juggling a couple projects for her next directing slot. One she has committed to is The Chelsea, a script that was written by Hallie Meyers-Shyer. She is the daughter of Meyers and her ex, filmmaker Charles Shyer. Like Crazy star Felicity Jones is attached to star, and the film is being packaged by Meyers’ reps at WME. It’s described as an ensemble dramedy set in the Chelsea Apartments in New York City. Meyers-Shyer is an up and coming scribe who’s being signed to a blind deal by Universal Pictures. Meyers, who last directed the Meryl Streep comedy It’s Complicated with Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin, will put together cast on the film before it is set up with a distributor. WME reps Meyers and Meyers-Shyer, while CAA reps Jones. The British actress, who won a Gotham Award for her charming performance in Like Crazy, was selected by Warren Beatty to be the young female lead in his Howard Hughes movie, but Beatty is still putting that project together.
Nancy Meyers To Helm 'The Chelsea,' Scripted By Hallie Meyers-Shyer And Starring Felicity Jones
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Indie Audax Outbids For David Weil Spec 'Moonfall'
- Lionsgate Buys Opera-Themed Comedy 'The Three Tenors'
- RADiUS To Release SXSW Winner 'The Great Invisible'
- Toronto Finds Bill Murray And Gives Him A Day
- A 'Sophie's Choice': 'Jaws' Or 'Goodfellas'?
- Paul Schrader's 'Dying Of The Light' Acquired By Lionsgate Home Entertainment