EXCLUSIVE: Nancy Meyers is juggling a couple projects for her next directing slot. One she has committed to is The Chelsea, a script that was written by Hallie Meyers-Shyer. She is the daughter of Meyers and her ex, filmmaker Charles Shyer. Like Crazy star Felicity Jones is attached to star, and the film is being packaged by Meyers’ reps at WME. It’s described as an ensemble dramedy set in the Chelsea Apartments in New York City. Meyers-Shyer is an up and coming scribe who’s being signed to a blind deal by Universal Pictures. Meyers, who last directed the Meryl Streep comedy It’s Complicated with Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin, will put together cast on the film before it is set up with a distributor. WME reps Meyers and Meyers-Shyer, while CAA reps Jones. The British actress, who won a Gotham Award for her charming performance in Like Crazy, was selected by Warren Beatty to be the young female lead in his Howard Hughes movie, but Beatty is still putting that project together.
Nancy Meyers To Helm 'The Chelsea,' Scripted By Hallie Meyers-Shyer And Starring Felicity Jones
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- ‘Aloha’ Review: Cameron Crowe Fights Bad Buzz, Summer Tentpoles With Hawaii-Set Romantic Comedy
- Peter Heller Novel ‘The Painter’ Lands With ‘Fighter’ Scribe Paul Tamasy, ‘Blackfish’ Helmer…
- Universal Hires Telemundo Film Music Exec; Starz Acquires Tribeca Fest Rom-Com ‘Tumbledown’
- CAA Adds Maren Olson To Film Finance & Sales Group
- ‘Pawn Sacrifice’ Trailer: Bobby Fischer Vs. The World In Bleecker Street’s Chess Drama
- Robert E. Howard’s Conan The Barbarian, Kull And Other Creations Acquired By Fredrik Malmberg