NBC’s Today is not taking Katie Couric‘s week-long guest stint on rival Good Morning America in stride. In the span of several hours yesterday NBC launched a promo teasing the return of a “legend” on the Monday Today show and a guest-hosting stint by Couric’s enemy Sarah Palin on Tuesday. (NBC refused to name the “legend” before the Monday show, triggering Internet speculation that has turned up such suggestions as Jane Pauley, Bryant Gumbel and… John Legend) Between the “legend” stunt on Today, Katie Couric’s return to morning television on GMA and Gayle King’s interview with BFF Oprah Winfrey on CBS This Morning, tomorrow morning is shaping up as one of the most competitive morning contests in years. It was Couric who conducted that now infamous 2008 interview (on Couric’s former CBS Evening News home) which hurt the then GOP Vice Presidential candidate’s political credibility.
Sarah Palin, Katie Couric, & Oprah Winfrey Heat Up Morning Show Wars
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
'Office Christmas Party' Gets Louder With $17M+, Though 'Moana' Still Has Leading Luau; 'La La Land' Huge - Noon Update
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Shameless’ Emmy Rossum’s Salary Demands Vs. Television’s Parity Rule
- Anna Kendrick, Laura Dern & Don Cheadle To Announce 2017 Golden Globes Nominees
- Gurney Productions: “Business As Usual” For Staffers In Wake Of Founders’ Ouster
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Producing ‘Transience’ Drama Project For the CW
- Seána Kerslake Inks With Paradigm & Untitled; Van Johnson Company Signs Jason Stuart
- Fox Buys ‘Basket Case’ Crime Drama From Jeff Eastin & Jason Winer Based On Book