NBC’s Today is not taking Katie Couric‘s week-long guest stint on rival Good Morning America in stride. In the span of several hours yesterday NBC launched a promo teasing the return of a “legend” on the Monday Today show and a guest-hosting stint by Couric’s enemy Sarah Palin on Tuesday. (NBC refused to name the “legend” before the Monday show, triggering Internet speculation that has turned up such suggestions as Jane Pauley, Bryant Gumbel and… John Legend) Between the “legend” stunt on Today, Katie Couric’s return to morning television on GMA and Gayle King’s interview with BFF Oprah Winfrey on CBS This Morning, tomorrow morning is shaping up as one of the most competitive morning contests in years. It was Couric who conducted that now infamous 2008 interview (on Couric’s former CBS Evening News home) which hurt the then GOP Vice Presidential candidate’s political credibility.
Sarah Palin, Katie Couric, & Oprah Winfrey Heat Up Morning Show Wars
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Mike Pence’s Plane With Press Aboard Skids Off NY Runway; No Injuries
- NBCUniversal & Comcast Slapped With Age Discrimination Suit By Ex-E! SVP