EXCLUSIVE, 12:34 PM: Voltage Productions and Bona Fide Productions have set Moby to compose the music for The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman. The film stars Shia LaBeouf, Evan Rachel Wood, Mads Mikkelsen, Melissa Leo and Til Schweiger, and is described as a gritty pulp romance. The gig is Moby’s first venture into movie scoring, though his music has been featured in films from the Bourne Trilogy, Heat and Seabiscuit. Albert Berger, Ron Yerxa, Craig J. Flores, and William Horberg are producing, with Nicolas Chartier exec producer along with Patrick Newall. Fredrik Bond is directing a script by Matt Drake, who is coming off Project X at Warner Bros. The film shoots in May in Romania, and Voltage will sell foreign territories in Cannes.
Jack White Scores 'Lone Ranger' After Moby Joins 'The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Pablo Escobar's Brother Urges Netflix To Change 'Narcos' Security Protocol After Death Of Location Manager
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans
- ‘Just Getting Started’ Trailer: Morgan Freeman & Tommy Lee Jones Are Rivals-Turned-Partners
- Zak Olkewicz To Adapt ‘Time Salvager’ For Michael Bay At Paramount
- ‘All I See Is You’ Trailer: Blake Lively Regains Sight In Open Road’s Upcoming Thriller
- ‘It’ Becomes Biggest-Ever September Release With $218.8M As ‘Mother!’ Gets F Report Card & Dismal $7.5M…
- Teyana Taylor, Blair Underwood & French Montana To Topline Netflix Comedy ‘The After Party’