EXCLUSIVE, 12:34 PM: Voltage Productions and Bona Fide Productions have set Moby to compose the music for The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman. The film stars Shia LaBeouf, Evan Rachel Wood, Mads Mikkelsen, Melissa Leo and Til Schweiger, and is described as a gritty pulp romance. The gig is Moby’s first venture into movie scoring, though his music has been featured in films from the Bourne Trilogy, Heat and Seabiscuit. Albert Berger, Ron Yerxa, Craig J. Flores, and William Horberg are producing, with Nicolas Chartier exec producer along with Patrick Newall. Fredrik Bond is directing a script by Matt Drake, who is coming off Project X at Warner Bros. The film shoots in May in Romania, and Voltage will sell foreign territories in Cannes.
Jack White Scores 'Lone Ranger' After Moby Joins 'The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Germany Picks Cannes Standout ‘Toni Erdmann’ As Foreign Language Entry
- Hollywood Rallies In Support Of Leslie Jones Following Hack
- Andrea Jaffe Dies: Former PR Powerhouse And Studio Exec Was 66
- Jeanne Martin Dies: Model & Second Wife Of Dean Martin Was 89
- FilmRise Acquires Domestic On ‘From Nowhere’; Freestyle Digital Celebrates ‘Dependent’s Day’
- IM Global China Launches New Venture, Go Global