EXCLUSIVE, 12:34 PM: Voltage Productions and Bona Fide Productions have set Moby to compose the music for The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman. The film stars Shia LaBeouf, Evan Rachel Wood, Mads Mikkelsen, Melissa Leo and Til Schweiger, and is described as a gritty pulp romance. The gig is Moby’s first venture into movie scoring, though his music has been featured in films from the Bourne Trilogy, Heat and Seabiscuit. Albert Berger, Ron Yerxa, Craig J. Flores, and William Horberg are producing, with Nicolas Chartier exec producer along with Patrick Newall. Fredrik Bond is directing a script by Matt Drake, who is coming off Project X at Warner Bros. The film shoots in May in Romania, and Voltage will sell foreign territories in Cannes.
Jack White Scores 'Lone Ranger' After Moby Joins 'The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Office Christmas Party' Invades 'Moana's Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Late Night B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Latest Film News
- ‘Office Christmas Party’ Invades ‘Moana’s Turf; ‘La La Land’ Hits High Notes – Late Night…
- IDA Awards: ‘O.J.: Made In America’ Runs Off With Best Feature Prize
- Anna Kendrick, Laura Dern & Don Cheadle To Announce 2017 Golden Globes Nominees
- ‘Office Christmas Party’ Review: Dreaming Of A Raunchy Christmas? This Is The Movie For You
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming 2’ Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; ‘Bad Boys 4’ Moves To…
- Seána Kerslake Inks With Paradigm & Untitled; Van Johnson Company Signs Jason Stuart