EXCLUSIVE, 12:34 PM: Voltage Productions and Bona Fide Productions have set Moby to compose the music for The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman. The film stars Shia LaBeouf, Evan Rachel Wood, Mads Mikkelsen, Melissa Leo and Til Schweiger, and is described as a gritty pulp romance. The gig is Moby’s first venture into movie scoring, though his music has been featured in films from the Bourne Trilogy, Heat and Seabiscuit. Albert Berger, Ron Yerxa, Craig J. Flores, and William Horberg are producing, with Nicolas Chartier exec producer along with Patrick Newall. Fredrik Bond is directing a script by Matt Drake, who is coming off Project X at Warner Bros. The film shoots in May in Romania, and Voltage will sell foreign territories in Cannes.
Jack White Scores 'Lone Ranger' After Moby Joins 'The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Talks ‘Hateful Eight’, Sony Hack, Gut Instincts & Socially Aware Oscar Campaigns At Tribeca
- ‘Furious 7′ Leads Pack, ‘Mall Cop 2′ Bags $22M+, ‘Unfriended’ Logs In With $16.5M
- ‘Married’s Kimiko Glenn Joins ‘Nerve'; Kino Lorber Acquires ‘Gueros’
- Sony Attorney David Boies Warns Media After WikiLeaks Hacked E-Mail Rehash
- Deadline Studio @ Tribeca Film Festival Day Two: Olivia Wilde, Dakota Fanning, Theo James And More
- Arturo Castro Tags Along On ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’