EXCLUSIVE, 12:34 PM: Voltage Productions and Bona Fide Productions have set Moby to compose the music for The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman. The film stars Shia LaBeouf, Evan Rachel Wood, Mads Mikkelsen, Melissa Leo and Til Schweiger, and is described as a gritty pulp romance. The gig is Moby’s first venture into movie scoring, though his music has been featured in films from the Bourne Trilogy, Heat and Seabiscuit. Albert Berger, Ron Yerxa, Craig J. Flores, and William Horberg are producing, with Nicolas Chartier exec producer along with Patrick Newall. Fredrik Bond is directing a script by Matt Drake, who is coming off Project X at Warner Bros. The film shoots in May in Romania, and Voltage will sell foreign territories in Cannes.
Jack White Scores 'Lone Ranger' After Moby Joins 'The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Latest Film News
- Laura Dern On The “Restorative Justice” Of Jennifer Fox’s ‘The Tale’ In The Time’s Up Era — Awardsline…
- Imagine & Animal Logic Form Film Partnership With Warner Bros To Generate Animated & Hybrid Family Films
- ‘The King’ Trailer: Fear And Loathing On The Elvis Trail
- GLAAD Film Report Finds Drop In LGBTQ Representation
- ‘Under The Silver Lake’ Execs Board Iraq War Drama ‘A Brotherhood’ About Vet Whose Brother Is Kidnapped…
- ‘Peppa Pig’ & TV Content Drive Entertainment One Results But Movie Revenues Slow