Last Thursday, I drove into Lower Manhattan to moderate a panel for the Tribeca Film Festival to mark Universal’s 100th anniversary. I do not love doing these things, but who’s going to turn down the chance to interact with my panelists Robert De Niro and Judd Apatow (Meryl Streep was also booked but had a family situation that forced her to travel)? The organizers were kind enough to let Deadline show the back and forth between De Niro and Apatow. They told me going in that Bob doesn’t usually warm to these things, but when you’ve got Apatow as your wing man, good things are possible. Hope you like.
Mike Fleming Moderates Universal's Centennial Panel With Robert De Niro And Judd Apatow At Tribeca Film Festival
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest Film News
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Review: Wes Anderson’s Weirdly Wonderful Canine Epic Is A Toon Worth Telling
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?