Last Thursday, I drove into Lower Manhattan to moderate a panel for the Tribeca Film Festival to mark Universal’s 100th anniversary. I do not love doing these things, but who’s going to turn down the chance to interact with my panelists Robert De Niro and Judd Apatow (Meryl Streep was also booked but had a family situation that forced her to travel)? The organizers were kind enough to let Deadline show the back and forth between De Niro and Apatow. They told me going in that Bob doesn’t usually warm to these things, but when you’ve got Apatow as your wing man, good things are possible. Hope you like.
Mike Fleming Moderates Universal's Centennial Panel With Robert De Niro And Judd Apatow At Tribeca Film Festival
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest Film News
- ‘Assassination Nation’ Stars Discuss Timely Story About Female Rage In The Internet Age — Sundance Studio
- Paul Dano Brings Carey Mulligan To Sundance With His Directorial Debut ‘Wildlife’ – Sundance Studio
- Starz Pays $5M License Fee For Participant Media Series ‘America To Me’ By ‘Hoop Dreams’ Steve James…
- Spike Lee On Hollywood Skullduggery, ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Season 2 & Sundance
- Sebastián Hofmann Shares Childhood Experiences That Inspired ‘Time Share’ — Sundance Studio
- Megyn Kelly Plays “Hanoi Jane” Card In Feud With Jane Fonda Over Plastic Surgery Question