EXCLUSIVE: When MTV picked up Krysten Ritter/Eric Garcia’s Cassandra French’s Finishing School For Boys hourlong project to pilot in March, the network described the adaptation of Garcia’s novel as being in the tone of 1988 dark comedy Heathers. Now MTV has tapped the director who would best recreate that tone, Heathers helmer Michael Lehmann, to direct the pilot. Written by Garcia, who adapted his book, Finishing School For Boys centers on Cassie French, a 22-year-old overachiever who gets her dream job as a lawyer for a Hollywood studio but can’t find a guy ready for a real, mature relationship. After the latest disappointment, she locks a guy up in her basement in order to train him to become the perfect gentleman. Lehmann joins another feature director who helmed an MTV pilot, Doug Liman, director/executive producer of I Just Want My Pants Back, whose freshman season airs tonight at 11 PM. Finishing School For Boys is executive produced by Garcia and Ritter, star of ABC’s midseason comedy series Don’t Trust The B—- In Apartment 23, which premieres next Wednesday. Lehmann has focused on episodic directing for the past few years, directing multiple episodes of HBO’s True Blood and Bored To Death and Showtime’s Dexter and Nurse Jackie.
Michael Lehmann To Helm MTV's 'Cassandra French's Finishing School For Boys' Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest TV News
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed