EXCLUSIVE: When MTV picked up Krysten Ritter/Eric Garcia’s Cassandra French’s Finishing School For Boys hourlong project to pilot in March, the network described the adaptation of Garcia’s novel as being in the tone of 1988 dark comedy Heathers. Now MTV has tapped the director who would best recreate that tone, Heathers helmer Michael Lehmann, to direct the pilot. Written by Garcia, who adapted his book, Finishing School For Boys centers on Cassie French, a 22-year-old overachiever who gets her dream job as a lawyer for a Hollywood studio but can’t find a guy ready for a real, mature relationship. After the latest disappointment, she locks a guy up in her basement in order to train him to become the perfect gentleman. Lehmann joins another feature director who helmed an MTV pilot, Doug Liman, director/executive producer of I Just Want My Pants Back, whose freshman season airs tonight at 11 PM. Finishing School For Boys is executive produced by Garcia and Ritter, star of ABC’s midseason comedy series Don’t Trust The B—- In Apartment 23, which premieres next Wednesday. Lehmann has focused on episodic directing for the past few years, directing multiple episodes of HBO’s True Blood and Bored To Death and Showtime’s Dexter and Nurse Jackie.
Michael Lehmann To Helm MTV's 'Cassandra French's Finishing School For Boys' Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'