EXCLUSIVE: Mia Kirshner (The Vampire Diaries, The L Word) and Fionnula Flanagan (Lost) have joined the cast of Syfy’s new drama series Defiance. Set in the near future, Defiance introduces a completely transformed planet Earth, inhabited by the survivors of a universal war. It centers on Jeb Nolan (Grant Bowler), the law-keeper in bustling frontier boomtown Defiance that is one of the new world’s few oasis of civility and inclusion. Kirshner, repped by APA and Brillstein Entertainment, will play Kenya, the self-assured, dauntless town madam whose unvarying devotion to the town of Defiance has inexorably woven her into many of its complicated affairs. Flanagan will portray Nicky, the popular ex-mayor of the town whose intrinsic expertise from her years on the job have made her a trusted mentor to her successor, Amanda (Julie Benz). Defiance, written/executive produced by Rockne S. O’Bannon, Kevin Murphy and Michael Taylor and produced by Universal Cable Prods., was developed concurrently with an online video game. It is slated to begin production on the pilot this month in Toronto.
Mia Kirshner And Fionnula Flanagan Join Syfy Series 'Defiance'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ensemble Friends Comedy Produced By Jason Winer Lands At NBC As Put Pilot
- Netflix Renews 'Hemlock Grove' For Third And Final Season
- NBC Nabs Bryan Cranston-Produced 'The Dangerous Book For Boys' Comedy
- Blumhouse Developing Son Of Sam Miniseries With Fox TV Studios
- John Stamos To Star In ABC Drama Series 'Members Only' And Topline & Produce Dan Fogelman Comedy For ABC Studios
- Adam Levine To Produce Autobiographical 1990s Family Comedy For NBC