EXCLUSIVE: Mia Kirshner (The Vampire Diaries, The L Word) and Fionnula Flanagan (Lost) have joined the cast of Syfy’s new drama series Defiance. Set in the near future, Defiance introduces a completely transformed planet Earth, inhabited by the survivors of a universal war. It centers on Jeb Nolan (Grant Bowler), the law-keeper in bustling frontier boomtown Defiance that is one of the new world’s few oasis of civility and inclusion. Kirshner, repped by APA and Brillstein Entertainment, will play Kenya, the self-assured, dauntless town madam whose unvarying devotion to the town of Defiance has inexorably woven her into many of its complicated affairs. Flanagan will portray Nicky, the popular ex-mayor of the town whose intrinsic expertise from her years on the job have made her a trusted mentor to her successor, Amanda (Julie Benz). Defiance, written/executive produced by Rockne S. O’Bannon, Kevin Murphy and Michael Taylor and produced by Universal Cable Prods., was developed concurrently with an online video game. It is slated to begin production on the pilot this month in Toronto.
Mia Kirshner And Fionnula Flanagan Join Syfy Series 'Defiance'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spider-Man' Interview - CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- Warner Bros.’ Mike Darnell On Growing Slate, Expanding ‘The Bachelor’ Franchise, Possible ‘American Idol’ Return…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds ‘Game Of Thrones’ Aidan Gillen; Charlotte Riley Returns As May
- NBC To Broadcast 2018 Winter Olympics Live In All Time Zones
- WGA Strike Talk: Insiders Lay Out What’s At Stake
- Michael Phelps Will Swim With The Great Whites For Discovery Channel’s Shark Week – Upfronts
- NBC Orders ‘The Handmade Project’ Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman