EXCLUSIVE: Mia Kirshner (The Vampire Diaries, The L Word) and Fionnula Flanagan (Lost) have joined the cast of Syfy’s new drama series Defiance. Set in the near future, Defiance introduces a completely transformed planet Earth, inhabited by the survivors of a universal war. It centers on Jeb Nolan (Grant Bowler), the law-keeper in bustling frontier boomtown Defiance that is one of the new world’s few oasis of civility and inclusion. Kirshner, repped by APA and Brillstein Entertainment, will play Kenya, the self-assured, dauntless town madam whose unvarying devotion to the town of Defiance has inexorably woven her into many of its complicated affairs. Flanagan will portray Nicky, the popular ex-mayor of the town whose intrinsic expertise from her years on the job have made her a trusted mentor to her successor, Amanda (Julie Benz). Defiance, written/executive produced by Rockne S. O’Bannon, Kevin Murphy and Michael Taylor and produced by Universal Cable Prods., was developed concurrently with an online video game. It is slated to begin production on the pilot this month in Toronto.
Mia Kirshner And Fionnula Flanagan Join Syfy Series 'Defiance'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump’s Reddit AMA Sees “Lock Her Up” Chant Online Amidst Internet Issues & Praise Of New Media
- ‘Empire’s Lee Daniels Tells DNC That 2016 Is “Most Important Election Of Our Lifetime”, Advocates…
- ‘Narcos’ Creators On Series Post-Escobar: “We Plan On Stopping When Cocaine Stops” – TCA
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Part Of James Cameron’s Global-Warming Video Shown At Dem Convention
- ‘American Horror Story’ Teasers Give Eerie Glimpse Into Season 6
- John Malkovich To Star In ‘Humboldt’ Marijuana Trade Crime Drama Series