EXCLUSIVE: Mia Kirshner (The Vampire Diaries, The L Word) and Fionnula Flanagan (Lost) have joined the cast of Syfy’s new drama series Defiance. Set in the near future, Defiance introduces a completely transformed planet Earth, inhabited by the survivors of a universal war. It centers on Jeb Nolan (Grant Bowler), the law-keeper in bustling frontier boomtown Defiance that is one of the new world’s few oasis of civility and inclusion. Kirshner, repped by APA and Brillstein Entertainment, will play Kenya, the self-assured, dauntless town madam whose unvarying devotion to the town of Defiance has inexorably woven her into many of its complicated affairs. Flanagan will portray Nicky, the popular ex-mayor of the town whose intrinsic expertise from her years on the job have made her a trusted mentor to her successor, Amanda (Julie Benz). Defiance, written/executive produced by Rockne S. O’Bannon, Kevin Murphy and Michael Taylor and produced by Universal Cable Prods., was developed concurrently with an online video game. It is slated to begin production on the pilot this month in Toronto.
Mia Kirshner And Fionnula Flanagan Join Syfy Series 'Defiance'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Den Of Thieves' & '12 Strong' Draw Close To $1M On Thursday Night, But 'Jumanji' Will Win The Weekend
MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors - Sundance
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Developing Sexual Harassment Code Of Conduct
- Donald Trump Turns Down NBC’s Pre-Super Bowl Interview Invitation
- ‘NCIS’: Drew Carey To Guest Star In Veteran CBS Drama
- Univision Teaming With TV Academy, PGA, SAG-AFTRA & More On Diversity Initiative
- Lisa Edelstein To Topline ‘Confessions of a Sociopath’ Dramedy In Works At UCP, Recur On Netflix’s ‘The…
- ‘The 100’: Shannon Kook To Guest Star As Mystery Character In Season 5 Finale