EXCLUSIVE: Mia Kirshner (The Vampire Diaries, The L Word) and Fionnula Flanagan (Lost) have joined the cast of Syfy’s new drama series Defiance. Set in the near future, Defiance introduces a completely transformed planet Earth, inhabited by the survivors of a universal war. It centers on Jeb Nolan (Grant Bowler), the law-keeper in bustling frontier boomtown Defiance that is one of the new world’s few oasis of civility and inclusion. Kirshner, repped by APA and Brillstein Entertainment, will play Kenya, the self-assured, dauntless town madam whose unvarying devotion to the town of Defiance has inexorably woven her into many of its complicated affairs. Flanagan will portray Nicky, the popular ex-mayor of the town whose intrinsic expertise from her years on the job have made her a trusted mentor to her successor, Amanda (Julie Benz). Defiance, written/executive produced by Rockne S. O’Bannon, Kevin Murphy and Michael Taylor and produced by Universal Cable Prods., was developed concurrently with an online video game. It is slated to begin production on the pilot this month in Toronto.
Mia Kirshner And Fionnula Flanagan Join Syfy Series 'Defiance'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 7
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ To End: Season 4 Will Be Its Last
- ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’ Off To Low Ratings Start, ‘Jane The Virgin’ Slips In Return, ‘Blindspot…
- Comcast Teams With Networks To Add Video Clips To On Demand Platform
- Kal Penn To Co-Star In Hulu Comedy Series ‘Deadbeat’
- Piers Morgan Returning To Live TV As Co-Host Of ITV’s ‘Good Morning Britain’