Melissa Leo has been joined the cast of The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman. She will play the mother of Shia LaBeouf, who plays the lead. Leo, who was awarded the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in The Fighter, is currently shooting Oblivion, which stars Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Andrea Riseborough and Olga Kurylenko; and Single Shot, with Sam Rockwell. Leo recently shot the third season of HBO’s Treme. She can be seen in the Robert Zemeckis-directed Flight with Denzel Washington; the IFC Films pic Predisposed; and Francine, which premiered at Berlin and SXSW. Leo is represented by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Melissa Leo Joins 'Charlie Countryman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones and Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…
- Golden Globe Winners 'Moonlight' & 'Elle' Cash In – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Sunday AM Update
- ‘La La Land’ Twirls Past $50M Overseas; Shines With $132M Global Box Office
- Fox Searchlight Wins ‘Keeper Of The Diary’ Spec On Heroic Effort To Publish Anne Frank’s Work