Melissa Leo has been joined the cast of The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman. She will play the mother of Shia LaBeouf, who plays the lead. Leo, who was awarded the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in The Fighter, is currently shooting Oblivion, which stars Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Andrea Riseborough and Olga Kurylenko; and Single Shot, with Sam Rockwell. Leo recently shot the third season of HBO’s Treme. She can be seen in the Robert Zemeckis-directed Flight with Denzel Washington; the IFC Films pic Predisposed; and Francine, which premiered at Berlin and SXSW. Leo is represented by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Melissa Leo Joins 'Charlie Countryman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Katniss Rules Wednesday On Track For $78M-$80M 5-Day; 'Good Dinosaur' Eyes $58M-$62M; 'Creed' Punching $39M-$42M
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s ‘Cemetery Of Splendour’ Wins At Asia Pacific Awards
- Paul Walker’s Father Sues Porsche For ‘Fast And Furious’ Actor’s Death
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Gets PG-13 Rating
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The…
- Elmo Williams Dies: Oscar-Winning ‘High Noon’ Editor Was 102