Melissa Leo has been joined the cast of The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman. She will play the mother of Shia LaBeouf, who plays the lead. Leo, who was awarded the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in The Fighter, is currently shooting Oblivion, which stars Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Andrea Riseborough and Olga Kurylenko; and Single Shot, with Sam Rockwell. Leo recently shot the third season of HBO’s Treme. She can be seen in the Robert Zemeckis-directed Flight with Denzel Washington; the IFC Films pic Predisposed; and Francine, which premiered at Berlin and SXSW. Leo is represented by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Melissa Leo Joins 'Charlie Countryman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Latest Film News
- Luc Besson’s EuropaCorp Eyes Options As Potential Suitors Kick Tires
- Jada Pinkett Smith, Daughter Willow & Mom Adrienne Set Facebook Talk Show: Sundance
- Fox Searchlight’s Stephen Gilula & Nancy Utley On Sundance, The Indie Biz And Being Swallowed By Disney
- MarketCast Expands Executive Team By Two In Los Angeles
- Abominable Pictures Producer Jonathan Stern Inks With UTA As ‘A Futile And Stupid Gesture’ Hits Sundance
- Publicist Awards Nominations: ‘Get Out’, ‘Wonder Woman’, ‘Feud’ On List