Melissa Leo has been joined the cast of The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman. She will play the mother of Shia LaBeouf, who plays the lead. Leo, who was awarded the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in The Fighter, is currently shooting Oblivion, which stars Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Andrea Riseborough and Olga Kurylenko; and Single Shot, with Sam Rockwell. Leo recently shot the third season of HBO’s Treme. She can be seen in the Robert Zemeckis-directed Flight with Denzel Washington; the IFC Films pic Predisposed; and Francine, which premiered at Berlin and SXSW. Leo is represented by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Melissa Leo Joins 'Charlie Countryman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Big Bad Wolves’ Helmers Aharon Keshales & Navot Papushado Exit Bruce Willis ‘Death Wish’ Remake
- ‘The Shallows’ Trailer: Blake Lively Stranded In The Deep With Deadly Great White
- Paramount Sets Multi-Picture Deal With UK’s Locksmith Animation
- John Boyega To Star In ‘Woyzeck’ At Old Vic, Jack Thorne Adapting The Modern Classic
- European Box Office Sees Record $8.4B In 2015 Led By ‘Force’-ful Hollywood
- ‘Intouchables’ Helmers Reteaming For ‘C’est La Vie’ – Cannes