Melissa Leo has been joined the cast of The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman. She will play the mother of Shia LaBeouf, who plays the lead. Leo, who was awarded the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in The Fighter, is currently shooting Oblivion, which stars Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Andrea Riseborough and Olga Kurylenko; and Single Shot, with Sam Rockwell. Leo recently shot the third season of HBO’s Treme. She can be seen in the Robert Zemeckis-directed Flight with Denzel Washington; the IFC Films pic Predisposed; and Francine, which premiered at Berlin and SXSW. Leo is represented by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Melissa Leo Joins 'Charlie Countryman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Baby Driver’s Ansel Elgort To Play Young JFK In ‘Mayday 109’
- ‘Stranger Things’ EP Karl Gajdusek Sells Sci-Fi Spec To Fox & Producer Michael Ellenberg
- Charlie Hofheimer, Aleksa Palladino, Robin Lord Taylor & Clarke Peters To Experience ‘The Mandela Effect’
- Craig Zadan And Neil Meron Sign With ICM Partners
- ‘I Do … Until I Don’t’ Trailer: First Look At Lake Bell’s Film About The Seven-Year Itch
- Hannah Emily Anderson & Brittany Allen To Star In ‘What Keeps You Alive’; Antonio Marziale Cast In ‘Alex Strangelove…