Melissa Leo has been joined the cast of The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman. She will play the mother of Shia LaBeouf, who plays the lead. Leo, who was awarded the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in The Fighter, is currently shooting Oblivion, which stars Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Andrea Riseborough and Olga Kurylenko; and Single Shot, with Sam Rockwell. Leo recently shot the third season of HBO’s Treme. She can be seen in the Robert Zemeckis-directed Flight with Denzel Washington; the IFC Films pic Predisposed; and Francine, which premiered at Berlin and SXSW. Leo is represented by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Melissa Leo Joins 'Charlie Countryman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Damon & George Clooney Tell 'GMA' They Knew Harvey Weinstein Was An "A**hole" But Not A Sexual Predator
Latest Film News
- Anonymous Content Makes Long-Term First-Look With Michael Sugar’s Sugar23 Productions
- New Regency Sets Multi-Year Deal With Oscar-Winning Director Steve McQueen
- Orion Pictures Names Kevin Shelby To Marketing/Distribution Ranks
- Julia Roberts And Lucas Hedges Team For Black Bear & 30WEST-Backed ‘Ben Is Back’
- 1stAveMachine Launches New Talent Management Division
- Matt Damon & George Clooney Tell ‘GMA’ They Knew Harvey Weinstein Was An “A**hole” But Not A…