Melissa Leo has been joined the cast of The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman. She will play the mother of Shia LaBeouf, who plays the lead. Leo, who was awarded the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in The Fighter, is currently shooting Oblivion, which stars Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Andrea Riseborough and Olga Kurylenko; and Single Shot, with Sam Rockwell. Leo recently shot the third season of HBO’s Treme. She can be seen in the Robert Zemeckis-directed Flight with Denzel Washington; the IFC Films pic Predisposed; and Francine, which premiered at Berlin and SXSW. Leo is represented by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Melissa Leo Joins 'Charlie Countryman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Cast Announced: Charo, Chris Kattan, Mr. T & Nancy Kerrigan Will Strut Their Stuff
Latest Film News
- Fox Promotes Keith Feldman To President Of Worldwide Home Entertainment
- Gaumont Sells 34% Stake In Exhibition Business To Pathé For $401M
- ‘War Machine’ Teaser: Brad Pitt Boots Up In Netflix Satire; Release Date Set
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Subject Katherine Johnson Enters Lego Space With Other NASA Women
- Vice Expanding In Asia Pacific; NBCU Intl Takes ‘Chance’ – Global Briefs
- Martin Moszkowicz Re-Ups As Constantin Film CEO