Jared Harris, who’ll next be seen in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, will star as an unorthodox professor in the latest production from the UK’s Hammer. Supernatural thriller/horror pic The Quiet Ones will be directed by Quarantine 2‘s John Pogue. Harris will play a charismatic but controversial professor whose methods lead his students off the grid for a dangerous experiment to create a poltergeist. The story and original screenplay hail from Tom DeVille with revisions by Craig Rosenberg, Oren Moverman and Pogue. Shooting starts in the UK in June. James Gay-Rees (Senna, Exit Through The Gift Shop) is producing in association with TPSC Films. Tobin Armbrust, president of worldwide production & acquisitions at Hammer parent Exclusive Media, is overseeing production alongside director of development, Shira Rockowitz. TPSC Film’s president Steven Chester Prince is also producer on the project for the newly formed independent film division of The Traveling Picture Show Company. Exclusive Media is handling international sales on The Quiet Ones.
'Mad Men's Jared Harris Books Lead In Hammer's 'The Quiet Ones'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Tartaglione
- 'Mockingjay', 'Penguins' & 'Horrible Bosses 2′ Cook Up T-Giving Box Office
- Talking Turkey: Endemol Feasts On New Series In Bountiful Market (Video)
- Mel Brooks To Voice Adam Sandler's Vampire Dad In 'Hotel Transylvania 2′
- ITV Has Faith In 'Grantchester', Orders 2nd Season Of Period Mystery Series
- Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
- Justin Chatwin, James Frain Join BBC America's 'Orphan Black' For Season 3