Jared Harris, who’ll next be seen in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, will star as an unorthodox professor in the latest production from the UK’s Hammer. Supernatural thriller/horror pic The Quiet Ones will be directed by Quarantine 2‘s John Pogue. Harris will play a charismatic but controversial professor whose methods lead his students off the grid for a dangerous experiment to create a poltergeist. The story and original screenplay hail from Tom DeVille with revisions by Craig Rosenberg, Oren Moverman and Pogue. Shooting starts in the UK in June. James Gay-Rees (Senna, Exit Through The Gift Shop) is producing in association with TPSC Films. Tobin Armbrust, president of worldwide production & acquisitions at Hammer parent Exclusive Media, is overseeing production alongside director of development, Shira Rockowitz. TPSC Film’s president Steven Chester Prince is also producer on the project for the newly formed independent film division of The Traveling Picture Show Company. Exclusive Media is handling international sales on The Quiet Ones.
'Mad Men's Jared Harris Books Lead In Hammer's 'The Quiet Ones'
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Tartaglione
- BBC & Red Planet Form Pact; Gal-Raday Named At ProSiebenSat:Global Briefs
- Is Shah Rukh Khan's 'Happy New Year' The Next Bollywood Blockbuster? (Video)
- Meryl Streep & Hugh Grant Tune Up For Stephen Frears' 'Florence' – AFM
- Comedy Central Int'l Moves Ahead With 'Brotherhood' Sitcom From UK's Big Talk
- Pitt Honors Soldiers; BBC Takes To 'London Spy', 'Passing Bells'; More: Global Briefs
- Int'l Box Office Final: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever