Jared Harris, who’ll next be seen in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, will star as an unorthodox professor in the latest production from the UK’s Hammer. Supernatural thriller/horror pic The Quiet Ones will be directed by Quarantine 2‘s John Pogue. Harris will play a charismatic but controversial professor whose methods lead his students off the grid for a dangerous experiment to create a poltergeist. The story and original screenplay hail from Tom DeVille with revisions by Craig Rosenberg, Oren Moverman and Pogue. Shooting starts in the UK in June. James Gay-Rees (Senna, Exit Through The Gift Shop) is producing in association with TPSC Films. Tobin Armbrust, president of worldwide production & acquisitions at Hammer parent Exclusive Media, is overseeing production alongside director of development, Shira Rockowitz. TPSC Film’s president Steven Chester Prince is also producer on the project for the newly formed independent film division of The Traveling Picture Show Company. Exclusive Media is handling international sales on The Quiet Ones.
'Mad Men's Jared Harris Books Lead In Hammer's 'The Quiet Ones'
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Tartaglione
- Darrin Prescott & Wade Allen ‘Live!’ In Feature Helming Debut For The Solution
- ‘Spectre’ Director Sam Mendes On Why He Came Back To Bond After ‘Skyfall’
- BAFTA Los Angeles Names Chantal Rickards To New CEO Post
- ‘A Little Chaos': Alan Rickman, Kate Winslet Stroll Versailles Gardens – Trailer
- Amazon Prime In UK Deal For ‘Outlander'; Season 1 To Premiere March 26 – Video
- UK’s Kudos Appoints Diederick Santer, Dan Isaacs As Joint CEOs