Jared Harris, who’ll next be seen in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, will star as an unorthodox professor in the latest production from the UK’s Hammer. Supernatural thriller/horror pic The Quiet Ones will be directed by Quarantine 2‘s John Pogue. Harris will play a charismatic but controversial professor whose methods lead his students off the grid for a dangerous experiment to create a poltergeist. The story and original screenplay hail from Tom DeVille with revisions by Craig Rosenberg, Oren Moverman and Pogue. Shooting starts in the UK in June. James Gay-Rees (Senna, Exit Through The Gift Shop) is producing in association with TPSC Films. Tobin Armbrust, president of worldwide production & acquisitions at Hammer parent Exclusive Media, is overseeing production alongside director of development, Shira Rockowitz. TPSC Film’s president Steven Chester Prince is also producer on the project for the newly formed independent film division of The Traveling Picture Show Company. Exclusive Media is handling international sales on The Quiet Ones.
'Mad Men's Jared Harris Books Lead In Hammer's 'The Quiet Ones'
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Tartaglione
- Thai Exhibitor Pulls 'Mockingjay' As Coup Protesters Resurface Salute: Update
- China's 'Gone With The Bullets' Fires Up $20M In Advance Ticket Sales: Report
- 'Woman In Black 2 Angel Of Death' Haunts Eel Marsh House: Hot Trailer
- Veteran Warner Bros Japan Chief Bill Ireton To Leave Company
- 'The Commune' & '13 Minutes' Scoop Multiple-Territory Sales; BIFAs Honor Emma Thompson: Global Showbiz Briefs