Lifetime’s new Jennifer Love Hewitt drama series Client List got off to a solid start last night with 2.8 million viewers tuning in for the premiere. That is Lifetime’s most watched series debut since the 2009 premiere of Drop Dead Diva, which also averaged 2.8 million viewers, and the second largest premiere viewership in the last 5 years, only behind the 2007 launch of Lifetime’s flagship drama Army Wives. The Client List did far better than the premieres of Lifetime’s two most recent drama series, The Protector (1.9 million) and Against The Wall (1.8 million). Considering The Client List opened on Easter night with lower HUT levels and strong cable competition, its delivery was encouraging for Lifetime, which needs another scripted hit, and a testament to the drawing power of Hewitt in lingerie.
Lifetime's 'Client List' Debuts With 2.8 Million
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Sunday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones and Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Homeland’ EP On Season 6 Debut, How Claire Danes Drama Will End & U.S. Return
- 'Sherlock' Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale’s Thrills & Heart; Is This Really 'The Final Problem' For The Baker…
- ‘The Young Pope’ & ‘Homeland’ Season 6 Review: Both Snare Spirit Of Our Times
- Donald Trump Joins Spokesman In Calling ‘SNL’ Unfunny: “Complete Hit Job,” PEOTUS Tweets…
- PBS Masterpiece Partners with BBC & Lookout Point On Newspaper Biz Drama ‘Press’ — TCA