Sony Pictures announced today that Lauren Glotzer has been named EVP Corporate Development. She replaces Jim Underwood, who in March moved on to EVP Worldwide Digital and Commercial Strategy at Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. “Lauren’s strategic guidance has been invaluable in keeping the studio nimble and innovative, streamlining our operations, expanding our consumer offerings, and investing in key businesses,” said Sony Pictures Senior EVP and CFO David Hendler, to whom Glotzer will report. Her new duties heading the corporate development team at the studio include overseeing studio investments and analyses, mergers and acquisitions, new business development and strategic planning.
Lauren Glotzer Named Sony Pictures’ EVP Corporate Development
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
'Timeless' EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine Screening Series
Latest Film News
- Sony’s Pictures Division Reports Loss Of $719M; Company’s Overall Net Profit Takes 50% Hit
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts