Chris Coelen’s Kinetic Content has picked up the U.S. rights to the hit Australian reality format My Kitchen Rules. The deal was made at MIP-TV, which is wrapping in Cannes. MKR is now in its third season on Australia’s Seven network, consistently averaging over 40% audience share, with MKR episodes ranking as 11 of the country’s top 20 highest-rated TV broadcasts in 2012, outperforming local versions of The X Factor and Dancing With The Stars. Billed as the ultimate home cooking battle, MKR features teams trying to out-dine and out-wine each other. Each team takes turns to transform an ordinary home into an instant restaurant for one pressure-cooker night, serving up a three-course menu designed to impress not only their fellow contestants but a panel of judges. “Very rarely does a new format so quickly rocket to and sustain such massive success, and My Kitchen Rules has taken Australia by storm,” Coelen said. “It is a universal format that we believe will be embraced in the U.S.” Kinetic’s NBC series Betty White’s Off Their Rockers premieres tonight. Here is a clip from the original MKR:
Kinetic Content Acquires Australian Cooking Reality Format 'My Kitchen Rules'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Roy Wood Jr. To Star In Parole Officer Comedy From Trevor Noah & Aaron McGruder In Works At Comedy Central
Latest TV News
- ‘The Night Of’ & ‘The Office’ To Be Remade In India – BBC Showcase
- ‘Bad Banks’ Big Berlin Biz; ‘Das Boot’ Wraps; Cineflix Boards U.S. Content – Global Briefs
- 21st Century Fox Doubles Down On “Firewall Remedies” As It Looks To Push Through Sky Deal
- ‘Luther’, ‘Mistresses’ & ‘Life On Mars’ Getting Korean Remakes – BBC Showcase
- Fox News Launching Standalone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…