EXCLUSIVE: Karyn Usher will mark her 10-year-anniversary at 20th Century Fox TV next year as the drama writer-producer has signed a new two-year overall deal with the studio to start in June. Usher has been at 20th series since 2003, working under an overall deal for the past two. Following a stint on the studio’s Lyon’s Den, she worked on Prison Break for its entire run and also served as co-executive producer on Bones. This development season, she landed her first pilot order for an untitled drama about the orphaned 14-year-old daughter (Saxon Sharbino) who becomes a spy herself. Brett Ratner is directing the Fox pilot, which co-stars Julian McMahon, Angela Bassett and Rick Schroder. “Karyn has shown her versatility, and she always does fantastic work,” said 20th TV chairman Gary Newman, adding that the studio brass “are very bullish on her pilot.” Usher is with WME.
Karyn Usher Signs New Deal With 20th TV
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'