EXCLUSIVE: Karyn Usher will mark her 10-year-anniversary at 20th Century Fox TV next year as the drama writer-producer has signed a new two-year overall deal with the studio to start in June. Usher has been at 20th series since 2003, working under an overall deal for the past two. Following a stint on the studio’s Lyon’s Den, she worked on Prison Break for its entire run and also served as co-executive producer on Bones. This development season, she landed her first pilot order for an untitled drama about the orphaned 14-year-old daughter (Saxon Sharbino) who becomes a spy herself. Brett Ratner is directing the Fox pilot, which co-stars Julian McMahon, Angela Bassett and Rick Schroder. “Karyn has shown her versatility, and she always does fantastic work,” said 20th TV chairman Gary Newman, adding that the studio brass “are very bullish on her pilot.” Usher is with WME.
Karyn Usher Signs New Deal With 20th TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Latest TV News
- Obama Derides Donald Trump In ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Visit
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek