EXCLUSIVE: Karyn Usher will mark her 10-year-anniversary at 20th Century Fox TV next year as the drama writer-producer has signed a new two-year overall deal with the studio to start in June. Usher has been at 20th series since 2003, working under an overall deal for the past two. Following a stint on the studio’s Lyon’s Den, she worked on Prison Break for its entire run and also served as co-executive producer on Bones. This development season, she landed her first pilot order for an untitled drama about the orphaned 14-year-old daughter (Saxon Sharbino) who becomes a spy herself. Brett Ratner is directing the Fox pilot, which co-stars Julian McMahon, Angela Bassett and Rick Schroder. “Karyn has shown her versatility, and she always does fantastic work,” said 20th TV chairman Gary Newman, adding that the studio brass “are very bullish on her pilot.” Usher is with WME.
Karyn Usher Signs New Deal With 20th TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Showrunner: Season 3 Will Focus On “The Journey Of Fatherhood”, Ava DuVernay Talks Inclusion…
- Kathy Griffin Plans To Attend White House Correspondents Dinner
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards 2018 Winners – The Complete List
- ‘Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Showrunners Talk How ‘Infinity War’ Might Affect The ABC Marvel Series…
- John Cena, Millie Bobby Brown Salute ‘March For Our Lives’ At Kids’ Choice Awards
- FX Pulls the Plug On Marvel's Deadpool Animated TV Series From Donald Glover