Political thriller The Reluctant Fundamentalist is based on Mohsin Hamid’s novel and stars Kate Hudson, Riz Ahmed, Kiefer Sutherland, Liev Schreiber, Martin Donovan and Om Puri. Nair is directing from a script by Hamid, Ami Boghani and William Wheeler. The story follows a young Pakistani man chasing corporate success on Wall Street, who ultimately finds himself embroiled in a conflict between his American Dream, a hostage crisis and the call of his family’s homeland. The film received financing from the Doha Film Institute and is a Cine Mosaic and Mirabai Film production. Lydia Dean Pilcher is producing. Filming took place in Atlanta, Delhi, Istanbul, New York City and Lahore. K5’s New York head of acquisitions, Erica Motley, acquired the film alongside Oliver Simon. K5 co-founding partner Daniel Baur, Josh Grode for DFI and Lydia Dean Pilcher for Cine Mosaic negotiated the deal. K5 will launch international sales and show footage in Cannes.
K5 Picks Up Mira Nair's 'Reluctant Fundamentalist' For International Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- David Tennant & Elisabeth Moss’ ‘Mad To Be Normal’ Headed To Samuel Goldwyn Films
- ‘Star Wars’ Will Receive Promotional Help From Tie-Ins With Six Major Brands
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans
- ‘Just Getting Started’ Trailer: Morgan Freeman & Tommy Lee Jones Are Rivals-Turned-Partners
- Zak Olkewicz To Adapt ‘Time Salvager’ For Michael Bay At Paramount
- ‘All I See Is You’ Trailer: Blake Lively Regains Sight In Open Road’s Upcoming Thriller