Political thriller The Reluctant Fundamentalist is based on Mohsin Hamid’s novel and stars Kate Hudson, Riz Ahmed, Kiefer Sutherland, Liev Schreiber, Martin Donovan and Om Puri. Nair is directing from a script by Hamid, Ami Boghani and William Wheeler. The story follows a young Pakistani man chasing corporate success on Wall Street, who ultimately finds himself embroiled in a conflict between his American Dream, a hostage crisis and the call of his family’s homeland. The film received financing from the Doha Film Institute and is a Cine Mosaic and Mirabai Film production. Lydia Dean Pilcher is producing. Filming took place in Atlanta, Delhi, Istanbul, New York City and Lahore. K5’s New York head of acquisitions, Erica Motley, acquired the film alongside Oliver Simon. K5 co-founding partner Daniel Baur, Josh Grode for DFI and Lydia Dean Pilcher for Cine Mosaic negotiated the deal. K5 will launch international sales and show footage in Cannes.
K5 Picks Up Mira Nair's 'Reluctant Fundamentalist' For International Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Trailer: Wonder Woman Saves School Children, But Is Superman Still Alive? - Comic-Con
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Latest Film News
- Michelle Pfeiffer Is Janet VanDyne In ‘Ant-Man & The Wasp’
- Daniel Stern Pays Tribute To ‘Home Alone’ Co-Star John Heard
- Charlize Theron Champions Female Directors & More Pics Like ‘Wonder Woman’ – Comic-Con
- Warner Bros Confirms DC Universe Pic Titles: ‘Wonder Woman II’, ‘Flashpoint’ & More…
- Sony Options Female-Empowerment Comic ‘Princeless’ For Movie – Comic-Con
- Pamela Adlon Joins Cast Of ‘Transformers’ Spinoff ‘Bumblebee’