Political thriller The Reluctant Fundamentalist is based on Mohsin Hamid’s novel and stars Kate Hudson, Riz Ahmed, Kiefer Sutherland, Liev Schreiber, Martin Donovan and Om Puri. Nair is directing from a script by Hamid, Ami Boghani and William Wheeler. The story follows a young Pakistani man chasing corporate success on Wall Street, who ultimately finds himself embroiled in a conflict between his American Dream, a hostage crisis and the call of his family’s homeland. The film received financing from the Doha Film Institute and is a Cine Mosaic and Mirabai Film production. Lydia Dean Pilcher is producing. Filming took place in Atlanta, Delhi, Istanbul, New York City and Lahore. K5’s New York head of acquisitions, Erica Motley, acquired the film alongside Oliver Simon. K5 co-founding partner Daniel Baur, Josh Grode for DFI and Lydia Dean Pilcher for Cine Mosaic negotiated the deal. K5 will launch international sales and show footage in Cannes.
K5 Picks Up Mira Nair's 'Reluctant Fundamentalist' For International Sales
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Tartaglione
- Hot TV Trailer: 'Downton Abbey' Season 5; UK Premiere Set For September 21
- Venice: '99 Homes' Takes On The 1% With Andrew Garfield, Michael Shannon (Video)
- Global Showbiz Briefs: DreamWorks Signs 4- Series Deal With South Korea's Studio Mir; Veteran Aussie Actor Bill Kerr Dies; More
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More