Political thriller The Reluctant Fundamentalist is based on Mohsin Hamid’s novel and stars Kate Hudson, Riz Ahmed, Kiefer Sutherland, Liev Schreiber, Martin Donovan and Om Puri. Nair is directing from a script by Hamid, Ami Boghani and William Wheeler. The story follows a young Pakistani man chasing corporate success on Wall Street, who ultimately finds himself embroiled in a conflict between his American Dream, a hostage crisis and the call of his family’s homeland. The film received financing from the Doha Film Institute and is a Cine Mosaic and Mirabai Film production. Lydia Dean Pilcher is producing. Filming took place in Atlanta, Delhi, Istanbul, New York City and Lahore. K5’s New York head of acquisitions, Erica Motley, acquired the film alongside Oliver Simon. K5 co-founding partner Daniel Baur, Josh Grode for DFI and Lydia Dean Pilcher for Cine Mosaic negotiated the deal. K5 will launch international sales and show footage in Cannes.
K5 Picks Up Mira Nair's 'Reluctant Fundamentalist' For International Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2