Here’s something to make Good Wife fans swoon. Josh Charles has boarded Bird People, the latest film from Lady Chatterley director Pascale Ferran. Charles will star opposite Anaïs Demoustier in the French and English-language drama co-scripted by Ferran and Guillaume Bréaud (Le Petit Lieutenant). Charles plays an American arriving at Paris’ Charles De Gaulle airport who checks into a local hotel, turns off his cell and laptop and starts a new life. The relationship drama’s details are sparse, but it’s described as very contemporary – and daring – and incorporates a supernatural element. Shooting is due to start imminently in Paris. Archipel 35’s Denis Freyd is producing with Films Distribution handling international, the latter company’s co-founder, Nicolas Brigaud Robert, confirms. Films Distribution collaborated with Ferran on 2006’s Lady Chatterley which won both the Best Film and Best Adapted Screenplay Césars as well as France’s prestigious Louis Delluc Prize. Demoustier co-stars with Audrey Tautou in the late Claude Miller’s Thérèse Desqueroux, which may land a special screening in Cannes next month. Charles is coming off of his 3rd season playing Will Gardner on CBS’ The Good Wife and recently boarded Fox’s Ben Stiller-directed remake of The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty. He’s repped by WME.
Josh Charles Joins 'Bird People' From 'Lady Chatterley' Director Pascale Ferran
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More