“What the hell happened to CNN?” the comic asked on last night’s The Daily Show With Jon Stewart. He skewered the network for its branded news segments such as Political Pop, No Talking Points, Political Gut Check, End Point, R&R, Street Level, Today’s Rock Star, and Your 15 Minutes Are Up. “I’m not against news organizations having fun,” he says. But “most of your segment titles have no bearing on the news within the segment.”
Jon Stewart: CNN Goes Overboard With Branded News Segments
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- John Cena’s ‘American Grit’ Renewed For Second Season By Fox
- Vice President Joe Biden To Guest Star On ‘Law & Order: SVU’
- ‘Mercy Street’: First Look At Season 2 Of PBS’ Civil War Drama
- Donald Trump & RNC Top Hillary Clinton & Final Night Of DNC In Viewers
- Seth Meyers To Donald Trump: “You’re Broke!”
- ‘Scream Queens’ Season 2 Promo: Will These Med Students Bother To Learn About Anesthesia?