John Legend has joined the quartet of star mentors on ABC’s upcoming music reality series Duets. He replaces Lionel Richie, who was originally tapped for the gig but has pulled out citing scheduling conflicts. Duets will feature Legend, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles and Robin Thicke as they set out across the country looking for two undiscovered singers to be their duets partners. The duets will compete for the top prize: a recording contract with Hollywood Records for the aspiring singer. The show, hosted by Quddus, is slated to premiere May 24. Legend has been active in television lately. The nine-time Grammy winner also hosted and executive produced a music special, which is in consideration for a series pickup at Showtime.
John Legend To Replace Lionel Richie On ABC's New Music Reality Series 'Duets'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest TV News
- Female TV Biz Assistant: Why I Resigned After Making A Discrimination Complaint
- ‘Bones’ EP Sues Fox Over Profit Participation, Accuses Top Execs Of Cancellation Threats
- Broadcast Networks Kick Off Thanksgiving Programming With Obama Message: Keep Calm, Carry On
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Finale Ratings Down From 2014, ‘Chicago Med’ OK In Week 2
- Archery Pictures Rolls With Fiona Cummins’ Hot Book ‘Rattle’
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head