John Legend has joined the quartet of star mentors on ABC’s upcoming music reality series Duets. He replaces Lionel Richie, who was originally tapped for the gig but has pulled out citing scheduling conflicts. Duets will feature Legend, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles and Robin Thicke as they set out across the country looking for two undiscovered singers to be their duets partners. The duets will compete for the top prize: a recording contract with Hollywood Records for the aspiring singer. The show, hosted by Quddus, is slated to premiere May 24. Legend has been active in television lately. The nine-time Grammy winner also hosted and executive produced a music special, which is in consideration for a series pickup at Showtime.
John Legend To Replace Lionel Richie On ABC's New Music Reality Series 'Duets'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless
- Margot Robbie’s LuckyChap Banner Inks First-Look Deal With Warner Bros. TV, Sets Female Wall Street Drama At NBC
- After Merger, SAG-AFTRA Constitution Dropped "Sexual Harassment" As Specific Cause For Expelling Members
- Blair Brown On Uma Thurman, Queen Lear – And The Mystery Of ‘Molly Dodd’
- Rob Lowe Stars In ‘The Bad Seed’ Remake With A Gender Switch Eyed By Lifetime
- Carter Page: Al Franken Gropes Preferable To “Groundless Witch Hunt”