John Legend has joined the quartet of star mentors on ABC’s upcoming music reality series Duets. He replaces Lionel Richie, who was originally tapped for the gig but has pulled out citing scheduling conflicts. Duets will feature Legend, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles and Robin Thicke as they set out across the country looking for two undiscovered singers to be their duets partners. The duets will compete for the top prize: a recording contract with Hollywood Records for the aspiring singer. The show, hosted by Quddus, is slated to premiere May 24. Legend has been active in television lately. The nine-time Grammy winner also hosted and executive produced a music special, which is in consideration for a series pickup at Showtime.
John Legend To Replace Lionel Richie On ABC's New Music Reality Series 'Duets'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Altice and Disney Stocks Rise As Carriage Standoff Continues
- California Film & TV Incentives Boosted Below-The-Line Wages By $1.4 Billion
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Draws 9.6 Million Viewers In Sunday Premiere
- ‘Knightfall’: Jeremy Renner-Produced History Drama Series Gets Fall Premiere & Trailer
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Spinoff ‘The Perfectionists’ Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot…
- ‘Underworld’: Len Wiseman Spearheading TV Series Adaptation Of Movie Franchise