John Legend has joined the quartet of star mentors on ABC’s upcoming music reality series Duets. He replaces Lionel Richie, who was originally tapped for the gig but has pulled out citing scheduling conflicts. Duets will feature Legend, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles and Robin Thicke as they set out across the country looking for two undiscovered singers to be their duets partners. The duets will compete for the top prize: a recording contract with Hollywood Records for the aspiring singer. The show, hosted by Quddus, is slated to premiere May 24. Legend has been active in television lately. The nine-time Grammy winner also hosted and executive produced a music special, which is in consideration for a series pickup at Showtime.
John Legend To Replace Lionel Richie On ABC's New Music Reality Series 'Duets'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest TV News
- Essence Atkins Set As The Female Lead In Marlon Wayans’ NBC Comedy Pilot
- Young William Shakespeare TNT Pilot ‘Will’ Casts Colm Meaney & Mattias Inwood
- Fox’s Weak Home Video Sales Depress Revenues In December Quarter
- Amber Coney Joins ‘Dead Of Summer’; Brandon Kyle Goodman In ‘Sunset PPL’
- Producer Marc Platt On Oscars Diversity, ‘Bridge Of Spies’ & Making ‘Grease’ Live
- ‘Designated Survivor’: Adan Canto Joins Kiefer Sutherland ABC Drama Series