Atchity Entertainment and Ramos and Sparks Group announced today they plan to turn former Secret Service agent Gerald Blaine’s bestselling book The Kennedy Detail into a feature film. The plan is for a late 2013 release to coincide with the assassination of Kennedy in Dallas on November 22, 1963. Blaine’s 2010 book, written with Lisa McCubbin, tells the tale of JFK’s presidency from the perspective of the men who guarded his life while in office and on that day in Dallas. Discovery aired a Martin Sheen-narrated documentary based on The Kennedy Detail on December 2, 2010. The Emmy-nominated doc was executive produced by Ken Atchity and Chi-Li Wong. Blaine and McCubbin served as producers.
JFK Film Planned For 50th Anniversary of Assassination
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest Film News
- Bruce Brown Dies: Surf Movie Pioneer Who Sought The Perfect Wave For ‘Endless Summer’ Was 80
- Ian Chen & Jovan Armand Join ‘Shazam!’, Brian 'Astro' Bradley Jr. Cast In ‘Luce’
- Justin Chon, Filmmaker Behind ‘Gook’ At Sundance, Will Direct Next Feature For Macro
- Cinedigm Acquires Rights To High School Comedy ‘Dear Dictator’
- Ari Sandel To Direct ‘Goosebumps’ Movie At Sony, But Which One?
- The Global Box Office Awakens: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Could Power To $440M Opening