Atchity Entertainment and Ramos and Sparks Group announced today they plan to turn former Secret Service agent Gerald Blaine’s bestselling book The Kennedy Detail into a feature film. The plan is for a late 2013 release to coincide with the assassination of Kennedy in Dallas on November 22, 1963. Blaine’s 2010 book, written with Lisa McCubbin, tells the tale of JFK’s presidency from the perspective of the men who guarded his life while in office and on that day in Dallas. Discovery aired a Martin Sheen-narrated documentary based on The Kennedy Detail on December 2, 2010. The Emmy-nominated doc was executive produced by Ken Atchity and Chi-Li Wong. Blaine and McCubbin served as producers.
JFK Film Planned For 50th Anniversary of Assassination
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More