EXCLUSIVE: This is a real departure for Lionsgate which has mostly specialized in testosterone movies. But chalk it up to the success of female-powered The Hunger Games and the stardom of Jennifer Lawrence. As well as the sensibility of Summit’s Erik Feig, who shepherded the Twilight Saga films and is now production president for Lionsgate as well. He’s just acquired the rights to The Glass Castle: A Memoir by gossip columnist Jeanette Walls. Lionsgate made the deal with Gil Netter (The Blind Side, Life Of Pi) who will produce. Marti Noxon is attached to write the screenplay. Critically well received when it was published in 2005, Walls’ book was a surprise because it focused on her difficult childhood with her “dysfunctional but vibrant” family. It was on The New York Times bestseller list for over 250 weeks, the longest for any memoir.
Jennifer Lawrence In Talks To Star After Lionsgate Buys Rights To Jeannette Walls Memoir
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?