As expected, AMC Networks has promoted Jennifer Caserta to IFC president and general manager. She succeeds IFC TV and Sundance Channel president Evan Shapiro, who recently left the company to become president of Participant Television. AMC Networks was not expected to seek a replacement for him, with Caserta, EVP and general manager of IFC, and Sarah Barnett, EVP and general manager of Sundance Channel, absorbing his duties. Both have reported to AMC Networks COO Ed Carroll, and in her new capacity, Caserta will continue to do so. “Jen has been a tremendous asset to the network, leading IFC’s successful rebrand and its transition last year to an ad-supported model, and implementing an original programming strategy that’s resonating with viewers,” Carroll said. As EVP as GM of IFC, a position she had held since 2008, Caserta spearheaded IFC’s 2010 rebrand around new tagline “Always On. Slightly Off”; implemented the network’s transition from a sponsorship model to an ad-supported network; and greenlit original comedies The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret, Onion News Network, docu-comedy Whisker Wars and the upcoming Comedy Bang! Bang! and Bunk, premiering June 8. Before becoming GM, Caserta was IFC’s EVP of marketing, communications, scheduling and alternative programming.
Jennifer Caserta Named IFC President & GM
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Roy Wood Jr. To Star In Parole Officer Comedy From Trevor Noah & Aaron McGruder In Works At Comedy Central
Latest TV News
- ‘Bad Banks’ Big Berlin Biz; ‘Das Boot’ Wraps; Cineflix Boards U.S. Content – Global Briefs
- 21st Century Fox Doubles Down On “Firewall Remedies” As It Looks To Push Through Sky Deal
- ‘Luther’, ‘Mistresses’ & ‘Life On Mars’ Getting Korean Remakes – BBC Showcase
- Fox News Launching Standalone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”