As expected, AMC Networks has promoted Jennifer Caserta to IFC president and general manager. She succeeds IFC TV and Sundance Channel president Evan Shapiro, who recently left the company to become president of Participant Television. AMC Networks was not expected to seek a replacement for him, with Caserta, EVP and general manager of IFC, and Sarah Barnett, EVP and general manager of Sundance Channel, absorbing his duties. Both have reported to AMC Networks COO Ed Carroll, and in her new capacity, Caserta will continue to do so. “Jen has been a tremendous asset to the network, leading IFC’s successful rebrand and its transition last year to an ad-supported model, and implementing an original programming strategy that’s resonating with viewers,” Carroll said. As EVP as GM of IFC, a position she had held since 2008, Caserta spearheaded IFC’s 2010 rebrand around new tagline “Always On. Slightly Off”; implemented the network’s transition from a sponsorship model to an ad-supported network; and greenlit original comedies The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret, Onion News Network, docu-comedy Whisker Wars and the upcoming Comedy Bang! Bang! and Bunk, premiering June 8. Before becoming GM, Caserta was IFC’s EVP of marketing, communications, scheduling and alternative programming.
Jennifer Caserta Named IFC President & GM
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh
- CBS Developing ‘Under Suspicion’ Book Series Adaptation From John Glenn
- ‘Nashville’ Adds ‘Harry Potter’ Alum Christian Coulson As Recurring
- Kwame Patterson Joins TNT Pilot ‘Monsters Of God’