As expected, AMC Networks has promoted Jennifer Caserta to IFC president and general manager. She succeeds IFC TV and Sundance Channel president Evan Shapiro, who recently left the company to become president of Participant Television. AMC Networks was not expected to seek a replacement for him, with Caserta, EVP and general manager of IFC, and Sarah Barnett, EVP and general manager of Sundance Channel, absorbing his duties. Both have reported to AMC Networks COO Ed Carroll, and in her new capacity, Caserta will continue to do so. “Jen has been a tremendous asset to the network, leading IFC’s successful rebrand and its transition last year to an ad-supported model, and implementing an original programming strategy that’s resonating with viewers,” Carroll said. As EVP as GM of IFC, a position she had held since 2008, Caserta spearheaded IFC’s 2010 rebrand around new tagline “Always On. Slightly Off”; implemented the network’s transition from a sponsorship model to an ad-supported network; and greenlit original comedies The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret, Onion News Network, docu-comedy Whisker Wars and the upcoming Comedy Bang! Bang! and Bunk, premiering June 8. Before becoming GM, Caserta was IFC’s EVP of marketing, communications, scheduling and alternative programming.
Jennifer Caserta Named IFC President & GM
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- Should Viacom Buy Scripps Networks? Wall Streeters Are Skeptical
- ‘Carpool Karaoke’: Usher Teaches Dance Moves To James Corden, Cleans Up Hollywood Star
- Trump Tweets Transgender People Will Be Banned From Serving In U.S. Military
- Imagine Announces $100M TV Production Venture With China’s TVB
- ITV Earnings Down In First Half Amid UK Advertising Slump
- ‘Hit The Road’ Star Jason Alexander On Making A Family Comedy Not For Families — TCA