EXCLUSIVE: Mad Men‘s January Jones and Ed Harris have signed to star in Sweetwater, a film that will be directed by Logan and Noah Miller and will start production July in New Mexico. Set against the backdrop of 1886 New Mexico Territory, a young widow (Jones) risks all to avenge her husband’s murder at the hands of a brutal sheep rancher. Harris plays the town sheriff who helps Jones avenge her husband’s death. The film is being produced by Jason Netter. Harris previously worked with the directors on Touching Home, playing a role based on their real father (the Millers played themselves in the film). Harris is concurrently filming Look Of Love with Annette Bening and the Michael Bay-directed Pain And Gain with Dwayne Johnson and Mark Wahlberg. Jones is repped by UTA and Mosaic, Harris by CAA. WME reps the filmmakers.
January Jones And Ed Harris Star In 'Sweetwater'
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein On 'The Imitation Game,' Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
SAG Movies: Not Many Surprises But Hawking Vs. 'Birdman' Fires Up The Best Actor Oscar Race - Hammond
More From Fleming Jr
- ‘Me And Earl And The Dying Girl’ In Sundance Record-Setting Deal Talks
- Sony Pictures Classics Lands ‘Diary Of A Teenage Girl’ – Sundance
- Johnny Knoxville Brings ‘Being Evel’ To Sundance
- Harvey Weinstein On ‘The Imitation Game,’ Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
- IFC Pays $3 Million For Jack Black Comedy ‘The D Train’ – Sundance