Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures’ Jackie Robinson biopic 42 will be released April 12, 2013, three days before the 66th anniversary of the Brooklyn Dodgers Hall of Famer becoming the first black player in Major League Baseball. Warner Bros made the announcement today. Harrison Ford stars as Dodgers GM Branch Rickey and Chadwick Boseman plays Robinson. Brian Helgeland is directing from his own script. Shooting is set to begin next month in Alabama, Georgia and Chattanooga, Tenn., where that city’s Engel Stadium will stand in for the Dodgers’ former New York home Ebbets Field. Christopher Meloni and T.R. Knight co-star.
Warner Bros Dates Jackie Robinson Biopic ‘42’ For April 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- The 16 Year-Long Journey to Release For Duncan Jones And ‘Mute’ – Q&A
- ‘Goosebumps 2’: Madison Iseman, Ben O'Brien, Caleel Harris, & Jeremy Ray Taylor Set As Leads
- Skydance Media Taps ‘Tangled’s Nathan Greno In Multiyear Deal, Will Direct ‘Powerless’
- Global Road Entertainment Acquires Action Thriller ‘Hotel Artemis,’ Ensemble Led By Jodie Foster
- ‘Dunkirk’ Cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema On Christopher Nolan’s Visceral Approach To Cinema
- Tooley Entertainment Acquires ‘The Fight Before Christmas’ Out Of Broad Green Pictures