Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures’ Jackie Robinson biopic 42 will be released April 12, 2013, three days before the 66th anniversary of the Brooklyn Dodgers Hall of Famer becoming the first black player in Major League Baseball. Warner Bros made the announcement today. Harrison Ford stars as Dodgers GM Branch Rickey and Chadwick Boseman plays Robinson. Brian Helgeland is directing from his own script. Shooting is set to begin next month in Alabama, Georgia and Chattanooga, Tenn., where that city’s Engel Stadium will stand in for the Dodgers’ former New York home Ebbets Field. Christopher Meloni and T.R. Knight co-star.
Warner Bros Dates Jackie Robinson Biopic ‘42’ For April 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM