One of the largest content owners in the Indian film business, entertainment giant Eros International co-produces, acquires and distributes Indian language films in multiple formats. The number of shares and price range are not yet set for the company’s proposed New York Stock Exchange IPO, but the offering is expected to be in the vicinity of $250 million. Eros’ actioner Agent Vinod is currently in release, taking just under $10 million in its first few days. Eros is also co-producing 3D motion-capture fantasy picture Kochadaiyaan – The Legend, starring Indian megastar Rajinikanth. Coincidentally, when I visited Pinewood Studios last week, I got a glimpse of Rajinikanth being directed for the film by his daughter, Soundarya R Ashwin, at the Centroid Motion Capture studio on the lot. (The super-efficient team whipped through at least 3 scenes in the space of the few minutes I was on set.) Kochadaiyaan, with music by Slumdog Millionaire‘s A.R. Rahman, has moved back to India for post-production and is due to be released in November.
India's Eros Files For U.S. I.P.O.; Latest Pic Stars Legendary Rajinikanth In 3D Mocap
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
Latest International News
- London Police Respond To Oxford Circus Panic; Terrorism Fears Unfounded
- ‘Loveless’ Director Andrey Zvyagintsev On Filmmaking In Modern-Day Russia
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Rellik’ & ‘The Miniaturist’ Head To China Via Streaming Service iQIYI
- BBC Upgrades Scandinavian Crime Drama ‘The Bridge’ To BBC Two
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky Has Died; Charismatic Siberian Baritone Was 55