One of the largest content owners in the Indian film business, entertainment giant Eros International co-produces, acquires and distributes Indian language films in multiple formats. The number of shares and price range are not yet set for the company’s proposed New York Stock Exchange IPO, but the offering is expected to be in the vicinity of $250 million. Eros’ actioner Agent Vinod is currently in release, taking just under $10 million in its first few days. Eros is also co-producing 3D motion-capture fantasy picture Kochadaiyaan – The Legend, starring Indian megastar Rajinikanth. Coincidentally, when I visited Pinewood Studios last week, I got a glimpse of Rajinikanth being directed for the film by his daughter, Soundarya R Ashwin, at the Centroid Motion Capture studio on the lot. (The super-efficient team whipped through at least 3 scenes in the space of the few minutes I was on set.) Kochadaiyaan, with music by Slumdog Millionaire‘s A.R. Rahman, has moved back to India for post-production and is due to be released in November.
India's Eros Files For U.S. I.P.O.; Latest Pic Stars Legendary Rajinikanth In 3D Mocap
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'This Is Us': Alexandra Breckenridge, & Jon Huertas Upped To Series Regulars For Season 2 Of NBC Drama
Latest International News
- Fox’s Sky Acquisition: How Do Today’s Findings Affect Proposed Deal?
- Fox-Sky Deal: UK Culture Secretary Inclined To Refer Bid To Competition Authority
- ‘Breathe’ Trailer: Andy Serkis-Helmed Pic Starring Andrew Garfield & Claire Foy To Open London Film Festival
- BFI Teams With EON & Lucasfilm To Launch $25.5M Plan To Support Future Film Skills In UK
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Carice Van Houten On Duty For Brian De Palma’s ‘Domino’
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Trailer: Hugh Jackman Invents Show Business