Providence Equity Partners’ 10% stake in Hulu is close to being bought out by co-owners Disney and and News Corp, Bloomberg is reporting. The deal is for $200 million after the private equity group invested $100 million in 2007 and values the company at $2 billion, according to Bloomberg’s sources. If true, Providence will have pulled out its profit from the deal that it otherwise might have received via an auction that was scrapped in October due to low bids (. At the time, the was talk about taking Hulu public (a previous offering plan was put on hold), but there hasn’t been much chatter since.
Hulu Owners Eye Buyout Of Private Equity Partner: Bloomberg
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- FilmBuff To Bow Matthew Gray Gubler & Kat Dennings Starrer 'Suburban Gothic'
- Shonda Rhimes To Receive WGA West's 2015 Paddy Chayefsky Laurel Award For TV
- Justin Timberlake Visits 'Tonight Show', Ratings Hit 9-Month High - Video
- 'Sharknado' Architect Chris Regina Promoted To Senior VP Program Strategy
- Brad Siegel Named TV One President
- Roadshow Grabs One-Third Interest In FilmNation