Providence Equity Partners’ 10% stake in Hulu is close to being bought out by co-owners Disney and and News Corp, Bloomberg is reporting. The deal is for $200 million after the private equity group invested $100 million in 2007 and values the company at $2 billion, according to Bloomberg’s sources. If true, Providence will have pulled out its profit from the deal that it otherwise might have received via an auction that was scrapped in October due to low bids (. At the time, the was talk about taking Hulu public (a previous offering plan was put on hold), but there hasn’t been much chatter since.
Hulu Owners Eye Buyout Of Private Equity Partner: Bloomberg
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot