Providence Equity Partners’ 10% stake in Hulu is close to being bought out by co-owners Disney and and News Corp, Bloomberg is reporting. The deal is for $200 million after the private equity group invested $100 million in 2007 and values the company at $2 billion, according to Bloomberg’s sources. If true, Providence will have pulled out its profit from the deal that it otherwise might have received via an auction that was scrapped in October due to low bids (. At the time, the was talk about taking Hulu public (a previous offering plan was put on hold), but there hasn’t been much chatter since.
Hulu Owners Eye Buyout Of Private Equity Partner: Bloomberg
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Shawn Ryan Among Winners In WGA West Board Of Directors Election
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'