New Line has released a fresh trailer for Rock of Ages, giving a bit more of a glimpse of Tom Cruise as the decadent hair band icon Stacee Jaxx. I’ve seen the film, a fun confection that is Mamma Mia! for those who came of age in the 80s. The real revelation is Cruise. He throws himself headlong into the role, spent months learning to sing and prance like a rocker, and he crushes it.
Hot Trailer: 'Rock Of Ages'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’, ‘Liyana’ Among Honorees
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- Neve Campbell Joins Dwayne Johnson In ‘Skyscraper’
- Michael Beach Joins Warner Bros’ ‘Aquaman’
- ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel Gets A Title
- Jennifer Lopez Boards STX’s ‘Second Act’ With Director Peter Segal