Universal has released its first trailer for Savages, the Oliver Stone-directed adaptation of the bestselling Don Winslow novel about two pot growers from Laguna who are muscled by a Mexican drug cartel. When the cartel kidnaps the woman they share, the growers come up with a novel but dangerous way to pay the ransom. The film stars Taylor Kitsch, Blake Lively, Aaron Johnson, John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Benecio Del Toro, Salma Hayek, Emile Hirsch and Demian Bichir. The script was written by Shane Salerno & Winslow & Stone. Universal was impressed enough to move the film from fall into the July 6 slot. The trailer will play in front of American Reunion.
Hot Trailer: Oliver Stone's 'Savages'
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox News Reveals "Smoking Gun" That They're Spying On Andrea Tantaros, Claims Ex-Host's Lawyer Amidst Sanctions Move By Newser
Latest Film News
- ‘The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun…
- Annapurna To Jump Start France, Italy, Japan Output Deals With ‘Detroit’ – Cannes
- ‘Teen Wolf’ Star Tyler Posey, Violett Beane & More Are Game For ‘Truth Or Dare’ From Blumhouse
- Ryan Eggold's Tribeca Film ‘Literally, Right Before Aaron’ Lands At Screen Media
- Awards Consultant Lisa Taback On The Evolving Art Of Oscar Strategy – Deadline Disruptors
- ‘Wonder Woman’ London Premiere Canceled After Manchester Attack; Ariana Grande Tour Dates Shelved