In this futuristic thriller, when the mob wants to rub out an enemy, they dispatch their target back in time 30 or so years where a Looper — in this case Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) will take care of the job. Which presents a problem when Joe’s employers decide to close the loop and send future Joe (Bruce Willis) for assassination. Written and directed by Rian Johnson, Looper also stars Emily Blunt, Paul Dano and Jeff Daniels. The film was one of the hottest titles at the last Cannes Film Festival, where FilmDistrict bought it before it was completed. It’s also a reteam between Gordon-Levitt and Johnson, who worked together on the indie Brick. Currently slated to open September 28.
Hot Trailer: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis In 'Looper'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Gotham’s Cory Michael Smith Joins ‘First Man’s Space Crew
- Frank Grillo, Jamie Bell To Topline ‘Donnybrook’; Yolonda Ross Joins ‘Out Of Blue’
- Peter Thiel-Backed Legal Startup Offers $100,000 To Women With Weinstein Claims
- Harvey Weinstein Resigns From TWC Board As Termination Ratified In Meeting
- ‘Almost Friends’ Acquired By Gravitas Ventures; Grasshopper Picks Up Iranian Drama ‘Ava’
- ‘Upgraded’: Ale Damiani To Helm Fox International Productions’ Latino Comedy