In this futuristic thriller, when the mob wants to rub out an enemy, they dispatch their target back in time 30 or so years where a Looper — in this case Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) will take care of the job. Which presents a problem when Joe’s employers decide to close the loop and send future Joe (Bruce Willis) for assassination. Written and directed by Rian Johnson, Looper also stars Emily Blunt, Paul Dano and Jeff Daniels. The film was one of the hottest titles at the last Cannes Film Festival, where FilmDistrict bought it before it was completed. It’s also a reteam between Gordon-Levitt and Johnson, who worked together on the indie Brick. Currently slated to open September 28.
Hot Trailer: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis In 'Looper'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The White Princess': Alex Kalymnios To Direct Starz Miniseries; Amy Manson, Andrew Whipp, Patrick Gibson Join Cast
Latest Film News
- New UTA Venue Giving Artists Some Space
- Jim Gaffigan & Olivia Thirlby Join ‘Chappaquiddick’
- ‘Max Steel’ Trailer: Mattel’s Action Figure Line Gets Live Action Treatment
- Peter Facinelli & Others Pump ‘Heartthrob’; Chloe Lukasiak Digs ‘Loophole’
- Bollywood Star Sonam Kapoor Inks With UTA
- ‘Shut In’ Trailer: Naomi Watts, Jacob Tremblay, A Storm & Lots Of Questions