In this futuristic thriller, when the mob wants to rub out an enemy, they dispatch their target back in time 30 or so years where a Looper — in this case Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) will take care of the job. Which presents a problem when Joe’s employers decide to close the loop and send future Joe (Bruce Willis) for assassination. Written and directed by Rian Johnson, Looper also stars Emily Blunt, Paul Dano and Jeff Daniels. The film was one of the hottest titles at the last Cannes Film Festival, where FilmDistrict bought it before it was completed. It’s also a reteam between Gordon-Levitt and Johnson, who worked together on the indie Brick. Currently slated to open September 28.
Hot Trailer: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis In 'Looper'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
California Wildfires Spread: Thomas Fire Mandates Santa Barbara Evacs, Threatens Montecito Celebrity Homes
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Fight To Mount ‘Stronger’ And Play A Real-Life Superhero
- Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
- Paul Haggis Denies Rape Claims By Publicist; Calls It “Public Hanging”