Anchor Bay shortly adds to the Stoner movie genre when it releases High School on June 1. The trailer below will be attached to the Universal release American Reunion in about 25 markets this weekend. One part of me eyeballs this and thinks Adrien Brody has certainly veered since his Oscar-winning turn in The Pianist, but the premise does look like a fun Stoner effort and Brody is a convincing crazed weed dealer. While the Harold & Kumar trilogy has been the most popular of recent pot pics, if I had to choose a favorite, the top dog would be Fast Times At Ridgemont High, and I would have to put the unsung but silly 1994 film The Stoned Age in there as a sleeper choice. What’s the best stoner film?
Hot Stoner Trailer: 'High School'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Christopher Nolan Shows Off 'Dunkirk,' Says “The Only Way To Carry You Through” The Film Is At A Theater – CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs Gets Pioneer Of The Year Award, Urges Diversity And Inclusion – CinemaCon
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- ‘Justice League’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Aquaman’ Fire Up Audience For Warner Bros…
- Fright Franchise ‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Blumhouse-Bound?
- Christopher Nolan Shows Off ‘Dunkirk,’ Says "The Only Way To Carry You Through" The Film Is At A Theater…
- ‘Annabelle 2’ Now Titled ‘Annabelle: Creation’ – CinemaCon