The big online movie ticketseller Fandango today reported a huge 127% increase in ticket sales for first quarter 2012 compared to last year. That breaks the company record and is the best ever in the company’s nearly 12-year history. It also underscores the red-hot box office and shows how moviegoers are buying their tickets online via their computers, smart phones, and tablets. Fandango also reported a 58% year-over-year increase in monthly visitors (totaling 33 million), and a 23% surge in its top quarterly mobile percentage of total tickets sold. In turn, Fandango said it expanded exhibitor reach in the first quarter by 19%, with recent deals with AMC Theatres, Regency Theatres and other chains. It now sells tickets to nearly 20,000 screens nationwide. Fandango also said it recently signed a partnership deal with Yahoo, becoming the movie ticketing provider for all of the network’s sites. And Fandango also just launched a Facebook Timeline app dubbed “Movies with Friends” to help drive new traffic and fan engagement because it allows Fandango friends to share their moviegoing activities in real time. EVP/GM Rick Butler in a statement credited blockbusters like The Hunger Games for the increases. Fandango sold 22% of the March blockbuster’s opening weekend box office and, during peak periods, sold 60,000 tickets per hour.
Hot Box Office Gives Fandango Record Q1
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations