Entertainment names as diverse as Chelsea Handler, Kristen Wiig, Louis C.K., Matt Lauer, Stephen Colbert and Viola Davis joined the likes of Barack Obama, Mitt Romney Kate Middleton, Fifty Shades Of Grey author E.L. James and Apple’s Tim Cook on Time magazine’s ninth annual Time 100 list of the world’s most influential people, released today. The package includes honoree blurbs written by the likes of Angelina Jolie, Ashton Kutcher and Sarah Jessica Parker. The best include Howard Stern on Lauer (“We all wondered, Was it over? It’s over, it’s over, he’s losing his hair! It’s got to be over! But we were wrong! … He was still the smartest, the strongest, the classiest…. No wonder NBC is paying someone $25 million a year and it ain’t me!”) and Johnny Depp on Harvey Weinstein (“There are producers, and then there are producers. Harvey belongs to the latter batch…. Harvey isn’t afraid of a duke-’em-out. [I’ve had the pleasure of being both his ally and his enemy at various times.] He stops at nothing for what he believes in”). An online poll awarded a spot on the list to Anonymous, the Internet hacking group that made news last year for breaking into databases at Sony and PBS among other outlets. Check out Time’s full list here.
Hollywood Makes Cut On Time 100 List
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- Jake Gyllenhaal & Daniel Espinoza Reteaming For ‘The Anarchists Vs. ISIS’
- ‘Wakefield’ Acquired By IFC Films For May Release
- Fox Searchlight Lands Robert Redford & Casey Affleck Starrer ‘The Old Man And The Gun’
- Producer Dylan Clark Joining Matt Reeves On ‘Batman’?
- Kristen Wiig In Negotiations To Star In ‘Where’d You Go Bernadette?’
- Damien Chazelle, Jordan Peele & Oprah Winfrey On Produced By Conference Roster