Entertainment names as diverse as Chelsea Handler, Kristen Wiig, Louis C.K., Matt Lauer, Stephen Colbert and Viola Davis joined the likes of Barack Obama, Mitt Romney Kate Middleton, Fifty Shades Of Grey author E.L. James and Apple’s Tim Cook on Time magazine’s ninth annual Time 100 list of the world’s most influential people, released today. The package includes honoree blurbs written by the likes of Angelina Jolie, Ashton Kutcher and Sarah Jessica Parker. The best include Howard Stern on Lauer (“We all wondered, Was it over? It’s over, it’s over, he’s losing his hair! It’s got to be over! But we were wrong! … He was still the smartest, the strongest, the classiest…. No wonder NBC is paying someone $25 million a year and it ain’t me!”) and Johnny Depp on Harvey Weinstein (“There are producers, and then there are producers. Harvey belongs to the latter batch…. Harvey isn’t afraid of a duke-’em-out. [I’ve had the pleasure of being both his ally and his enemy at various times.] He stops at nothing for what he believes in”). An online poll awarded a spot on the list to Anonymous, the Internet hacking group that made news last year for breaking into databases at Sony and PBS among other outlets. Check out Time’s full list here.
Hollywood Makes Cut On Time 100 List
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Eli Broad Joins Oprah Winfrey, Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Film News
- Eli Broad Joins Oprah Winfrey, Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donations To End Gun Violence: Who’s Next?
- Time’s Up Turns Down Deven MacNair’s Plea For Help In Fighting Sex Discrimination In Stunt Biz; Spokesperson Responds…
- ‘Marshall’ Songwriters Common & Diane Warren On Writing A Resonant Call-To-Action Song
- ‘Phantom Thread’ Composer Jonny Greenwood On Writing Music Reynolds Woodcock Would Appreciate
- Diane Warren & Melissa Leo Among L.A. Italia Festival Honorees
- The Black List & Women In Film Set Writers, Mentors For Inaugural Feature Lab