Entertainment names as diverse as Chelsea Handler, Kristen Wiig, Louis C.K., Matt Lauer, Stephen Colbert and Viola Davis joined the likes of Barack Obama, Mitt Romney Kate Middleton, Fifty Shades Of Grey author E.L. James and Apple’s Tim Cook on Time magazine’s ninth annual Time 100 list of the world’s most influential people, released today. The package includes honoree blurbs written by the likes of Angelina Jolie, Ashton Kutcher and Sarah Jessica Parker. The best include Howard Stern on Lauer (“We all wondered, Was it over? It’s over, it’s over, he’s losing his hair! It’s got to be over! But we were wrong! … He was still the smartest, the strongest, the classiest…. No wonder NBC is paying someone $25 million a year and it ain’t me!”) and Johnny Depp on Harvey Weinstein (“There are producers, and then there are producers. Harvey belongs to the latter batch…. Harvey isn’t afraid of a duke-’em-out. [I’ve had the pleasure of being both his ally and his enemy at various times.] He stops at nothing for what he believes in”). An online poll awarded a spot on the list to Anonymous, the Internet hacking group that made news last year for breaking into databases at Sony and PBS among other outlets. Check out Time’s full list here.
Hollywood Makes Cut On Time 100 List
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency