The debut of HBO’s latest comedy series, the Julia Louis-Dreyfus starrer Veep, drew 1.4 million viewers at 10 PM Sunday. That was up 8% from the season premiere in the slot of Eastbound & Down, which followed the modestly rated Luck vs. Game Of Thrones for Veep. Compared with the series finale of Eastbound a week ago, Veep was up 28%. For the night, including a 12 AM airing, Veep averaged 1.7 million viewers. In its second airing, fellow new HBO comedy Girls (858,000) held steady, down 2% from its premiere despite a stronger lead-in. For the night, Lena Dunham’s series posted 1.1 million viewers. (Its gross audience for the premiere episode has crossed 3.2 million, HBO says.) Kicking things off at 9 PM was Game Of Thrones, which drew 3.7 million viewers, down a fraction from the previous week (3.8 million). Its nightly average was 4.6 million.
HBO's 'Veep' Draws 1.4 Million In Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest TV News
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem
- ‘SNL’ Vs Al Franken: Weekend Update Takes On A Former Writer
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2