Bill Maher‘s HBO series is sticking around not only for the upcoming presidential election but also for the following mid-term one. The pay cable network has signed a new three-year deal with Maher. As part of that, HBO has renewed Real Time With Bill Maher for 11th and 12th cycles. The pickup will keep the talk show on the network through 2014. “Bill Maher’s irreverent wit and fearless insights make him the perfect observer for these unpredictable times,” said HBO programming president Michael Lombardo. The renewal also will give Maher more shots at the oh-so-elusive first Emmy Award for the show after 27 nominations and zero wins to date. In its current 10th season, Real Time averages 4.1 million viewers per episode in gross audience, the highest for the series in three years, which is understandable given the fact we are in an election year. Real Time is executive produced by Maher, Scott Carter, Sheila Griffiths, Brad Grey, Marc Gurvitz and Billy Martin.
HBO Renews 'Real Time With Bill Maher' For Two More Seasons
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- TV News Fires Up For Noon Budget Vote On Day 3 Of Government Shutdown
- BBC Worldwide Investment; Banff Names Honouree; Sky Vision Closes ‘Britannia’ Sales – Global Briefs
- Caryn Mandabach Prods Developing Kazuo Ishiguro’s ‘When We Were Orphans’
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List