HBO has given early second-season pickups to new comedy series Veep and Girls after two and three airings, respectively. Both have received 10-episode orders. The Julia Louis-Dreyfus starrer Veep drew 1.4 million viewers in its debut to Girls‘ 872,000, though Veep has a much larger lead-in from Game Of Thrones. In gross audience, the two comedies are on par, 3.8 million for Girls and 3.7 million for Veep, which started a week later. Girls, created by and starring Lena Dunham, takes a comic look at the humiliations and triumphs of a group of girls in their early 20s. Veep, created by Armando Iannucci, stars Louis-Dreyfus as the newly minted Vice President.
HBO Renews Comedy Series 'Veep' And 'Girls' For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise With Host Bill Hader
- ‘SNL’ Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By “Canada’s Harvey Weinstein,” Trots Out Impressions In ‘Jurassic Park…
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars
- ‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Season 2 Expanded