EXCLUSIVE: HBO has put in development Royal, a comedy project from Gran Torino writer Nick Schenk and Rescue Me co-creator Peter Tolan. Created and written by Schenk, Royal centers on a working-class, old-school, politically incorrect, tell-it-as-it-is biker who is forced back into ‘the real world’ to take guardianship over his nieces and nephew, executing a highly unorthodox parenting style – and inhabits a place he doesn’t want to be where everyone’s soft and overly PC. Sony Pictures TV, where Tolan is under an overall deal, is producing, along with Tolan’s Fedora Entertainment and Television 360. Schenk, Fedora’s Tolan and Michael Wimer and Television 360’s Guymon Casady and Brandon Brito are executive producing. This marks Tolan’s return to HBO where he served as an executive producer on The Larry Sanders Show, winning a writing Emmy for his work on the cult series. Schenk and Tolan are with CAA.
HBO Developing 'Royal' Comedy Project From Nick Schenk And Peter Tolan
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
Latest TV News
- ‘The Crown’ & ‘Taboo’ Lead BAFTA TV Craft Nominations – Full List
- ‘Trainspotting’s Kelly Macdonald To Star In BBC One Legal Thriller ‘The Victim’
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Sets Jerry O’Connell To Play Sheldon’s Brother – PaleyFest
- ‘The Assassination Of Gianni Versace’ Season Finale: What Does Designer’s Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
- ‘Most Likely To’: Donald Faison & Laya DeLeon Hayes Cast In ABC Comedy Pilot
- ‘Magnum P.I.’ Casts Stephen Hill; ‘Dead Inside’ Adds Myles Bullock