EXCLUSIVE: HBO has put in development Royal, a comedy project from Gran Torino writer Nick Schenk and Rescue Me co-creator Peter Tolan. Created and written by Schenk, Royal centers on a working-class, old-school, politically incorrect, tell-it-as-it-is biker who is forced back into ‘the real world’ to take guardianship over his nieces and nephew, executing a highly unorthodox parenting style – and inhabits a place he doesn’t want to be where everyone’s soft and overly PC. Sony Pictures TV, where Tolan is under an overall deal, is producing, along with Tolan’s Fedora Entertainment and Television 360. Schenk, Fedora’s Tolan and Michael Wimer and Television 360’s Guymon Casady and Brandon Brito are executive producing. This marks Tolan’s return to HBO where he served as an executive producer on The Larry Sanders Show, winning a writing Emmy for his work on the cult series. Schenk and Tolan are with CAA.
HBO Developing 'Royal' Comedy Project From Nick Schenk And Peter Tolan
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Exec Producer Frank Doelger Launches Drama Firm
- Donald Trump Taunts Oprah At End Of Manic Weekend Of Tweets And TV News Watching
- John Oliver Joins Parkland Students “Calling Bullsh*t” On “Too Soon To Talk About” Gun Laws Blather
- ‘Celebrity Big Brother’: Omarosa Talks Campaigning For Hillary Clinton, Says She Would Have Been “Exceptional”…
- Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
- Olympics Ratings Fall To 2018 Low On 2nd Saturday; Steady With Sochi 2014