EXCLUSIVE: HBO has put in development Royal, a comedy project from Gran Torino writer Nick Schenk and Rescue Me co-creator Peter Tolan. Created and written by Schenk, Royal centers on a working-class, old-school, politically incorrect, tell-it-as-it-is biker who is forced back into ‘the real world’ to take guardianship over his nieces and nephew, executing a highly unorthodox parenting style – and inhabits a place he doesn’t want to be where everyone’s soft and overly PC. Sony Pictures TV, where Tolan is under an overall deal, is producing, along with Tolan’s Fedora Entertainment and Television 360. Schenk, Fedora’s Tolan and Michael Wimer and Television 360’s Guymon Casady and Brandon Brito are executive producing. This marks Tolan’s return to HBO where he served as an executive producer on The Larry Sanders Show, winning a writing Emmy for his work on the cult series. Schenk and Tolan are with CAA.
HBO Developing 'Royal' Comedy Project From Nick Schenk And Peter Tolan
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'