EXCLUSIVE: HBO has put in development Royal, a comedy project from Gran Torino writer Nick Schenk and Rescue Me co-creator Peter Tolan. Created and written by Schenk, Royal centers on a working-class, old-school, politically incorrect, tell-it-as-it-is biker who is forced back into ‘the real world’ to take guardianship over his nieces and nephew, executing a highly unorthodox parenting style – and inhabits a place he doesn’t want to be where everyone’s soft and overly PC. Sony Pictures TV, where Tolan is under an overall deal, is producing, along with Tolan’s Fedora Entertainment and Television 360. Schenk, Fedora’s Tolan and Michael Wimer and Television 360’s Guymon Casady and Brandon Brito are executive producing. This marks Tolan’s return to HBO where he served as an executive producer on The Larry Sanders Show, winning a writing Emmy for his work on the cult series. Schenk and Tolan are with CAA.
HBO Developing 'Royal' Comedy Project From Nick Schenk And Peter Tolan
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest TV News
- SXSW Announces Lyor Cohen As Keynote, ‘This Is Us’, ‘The Chi’ Cast & Creators As…
- ‘Caught In Providence’ Court Show Picked Up By Fox Stations For Fall 2018
- Keaton Jones’ Mom On Confederate Flag: “We’re Not Racist”, She Tells Morning News Shows
- BritBox Steals March On SVOD Rivals With ‘Vera’ Deal
- Sen. Gillibrand Responds To Donald Trump’s Vulgar Tweet: “You Cannot Silence Me”
- Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To “Do Anything” When “Begging” For…