EXCLUSIVE: HBO has put in development Royal, a comedy project from Gran Torino writer Nick Schenk and Rescue Me co-creator Peter Tolan. Created and written by Schenk, Royal centers on a working-class, old-school, politically incorrect, tell-it-as-it-is biker who is forced back into ‘the real world’ to take guardianship over his nieces and nephew, executing a highly unorthodox parenting style – and inhabits a place he doesn’t want to be where everyone’s soft and overly PC. Sony Pictures TV, where Tolan is under an overall deal, is producing, along with Tolan’s Fedora Entertainment and Television 360. Schenk, Fedora’s Tolan and Michael Wimer and Television 360’s Guymon Casady and Brandon Brito are executive producing. This marks Tolan’s return to HBO where he served as an executive producer on The Larry Sanders Show, winning a writing Emmy for his work on the cult series. Schenk and Tolan are with CAA.
HBO Developing 'Royal' Comedy Project From Nick Schenk And Peter Tolan
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'