HBO today announced 41, a documentary about the 41st U.S. president George H.W. Bush executive produced by his long-time friend Jerry Weintraub. The doc, featuring unprecedented access to Bush as he reflects on the highs and lows of his life from his summer home in Kennebunkport, Maine, and presidential library in Texas, will premiere June 14 — in conjunction with the former president’s 88th birthday June 12. “The documentary is not a political piece,” Weintraub said. “It is all about the man, his service to the country and his family.” Co-written and directed by Jeffrey Roth, 41 was filmed over a 17-month period from September 2009 to February 2011.
HBO Announces George H.W. Bush Documentary Produced By Jerry Weintraub
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: Republican Party “Like The Titanic”; Says No Love Between Trump & California
- Paul McCartney Remembers Slain John Lennon: Celebrities On The March
- ‘March For Our Lives’ Gun Reform Rallies Take Over Media & World Stages
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’