HBO today announced 41, a documentary about the 41st U.S. president George H.W. Bush executive produced by his long-time friend Jerry Weintraub. The doc, featuring unprecedented access to Bush as he reflects on the highs and lows of his life from his summer home in Kennebunkport, Maine, and presidential library in Texas, will premiere June 14 — in conjunction with the former president’s 88th birthday June 12. “The documentary is not a political piece,” Weintraub said. “It is all about the man, his service to the country and his family.” Co-written and directed by Jeffrey Roth, 41 was filmed over a 17-month period from September 2009 to February 2011.
HBO Announces George H.W. Bush Documentary Produced By Jerry Weintraub
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- Vince Vaughn-Produced ‘Fearless With Tim Ferriss’ Gets Premiere Date On Audience Network
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- Rita Moreno On Her EGOT Wins, Affairs With Brando & Elvis (!) And Taking Life ‘One Day At A Time’ – The Actor’s…
- Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir ‘Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?’ For TV
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme