In what has become one of the most closely watched ratings battles ever, ABC’s Good Morning America with guest host Katie Couric edged Couric’s former show, NBC’s Today, for the first time. On Wednesday, Good Morning America drew 5.236 million total viewers, to Today’s 5.149 million. Today still had the edge in adults 25-54, 2.25 million vs. 1.93 million for GMA. Beating Today in total viewers is not an unusual feat for GMA. With its regular female host, Robin Roberts, the morning show accomplished that two days in each of the last two weeks. On Wednesday, Today had American Idol host Ryan Seacrest announcing that he will join NBC’s Olympic coverage.
'GMA' With Katie Couric Tops 'Today' In Total Viewers On Wednesday
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
'Reservoir Dogs' Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He "Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out" — Tribeca
Latest TV News
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes, Threatens Others