In what has become one of the most closely watched ratings battles ever, ABC’s Good Morning America with guest host Katie Couric edged Couric’s former show, NBC’s Today, for the first time. On Wednesday, Good Morning America drew 5.236 million total viewers, to Today’s 5.149 million. Today still had the edge in adults 25-54, 2.25 million vs. 1.93 million for GMA. Beating Today in total viewers is not an unusual feat for GMA. With its regular female host, Robin Roberts, the morning show accomplished that two days in each of the last two weeks. On Wednesday, Today had American Idol host Ryan Seacrest announcing that he will join NBC’s Olympic coverage.
'GMA' With Katie Couric Tops 'Today' In Total Viewers On Wednesday
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'