GLAAD, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation organization awarded its honors in Los Angeles tonight for most outstanding images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community in the media. AP is reporting that the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards went to ABC’s Modern Family for TV comedy series, the indie Beginners for wide-release film, and Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva and TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland in a tie for individual TV episode. The Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson won the Vanguard Award. But it was Chaz Bono who picked up a pair of trophies: the 43-year-old transgender activist won the outstanding documentary prize for Becoming Chaz as well as the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
GLAAD Media Awards Honor Chaz Bono, Josh Hutcherson, 'Modern Family', 'Drop Dead Diva', 'Hot In Cleveland', 'Beginners'
Oscar Watch 2017Best Picture Predictions by 28 Experts1La La Land9/22Moonlight7/13Manchester by the Sea7/14Fences10/15Lion10/1
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
Latest Awardsline News
- People’s Choice Awards: Ellen DeGeneres, Justin Timberlake, ‘Big Bang Theory’ & More
- NBC Boss Would Love For Jimmy Fallon To Return As Golden Globes Host
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Predict Final Best Picture Nominees In Latest…
- Casey Affleck, Keegan-Michael Key And Nicole Kidman Join Presenters For PGA Awards
- ICG Publicists Announce 2017 Nominees
- Cinema Editors To Honor Thelma Schoonmaker & Janet Ashikaga