GLAAD, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation organization awarded its honors in Los Angeles tonight for most outstanding images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community in the media. AP is reporting that the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards went to ABC’s Modern Family for TV comedy series, the indie Beginners for wide-release film, and Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva and TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland in a tie for individual TV episode. The Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson won the Vanguard Award. But it was Chaz Bono who picked up a pair of trophies: the 43-year-old transgender activist won the outstanding documentary prize for Becoming Chaz as well as the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
GLAAD Media Awards Honor Chaz Bono, Josh Hutcherson, 'Modern Family', 'Drop Dead Diva', 'Hot In Cleveland', 'Beginners'
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Mudbound’ Cinematographer Rachel Morrison Makes Oscar History, Capturing Filmic Look Through Digital Processes
- With ‘The Breadwinner’ & ‘First They Killed My Father’, Angelina Jolie Casts Light On Children In…
- Laurie Metcalf On Her Oscar-Nominated ‘Lady Bird’, Returning To ‘Roseanne’ & How B’way Co-Star Glenda Jackson Is A “Monster”…
- Oscars: Gal Gadot, Mark Hamill, Lin-Manuel Miranda Among Second Group Of Presenters
- ‘I, Tonya’, ‘The Shape Of Water’ Top Costume Designers Guild Awards — Complete Winners List
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations