GLAAD, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation organization awarded its honors in Los Angeles tonight for most outstanding images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community in the media. AP is reporting that the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards went to ABC’s Modern Family for TV comedy series, the indie Beginners for wide-release film, and Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva and TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland in a tie for individual TV episode. The Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson won the Vanguard Award. But it was Chaz Bono who picked up a pair of trophies: the 43-year-old transgender activist won the outstanding documentary prize for Becoming Chaz as well as the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
GLAAD Media Awards Honor Chaz Bono, Josh Hutcherson, 'Modern Family', 'Drop Dead Diva', 'Hot In Cleveland', 'Beginners'
What's Hot on Deadline
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $69M Start; 'Wonder Woman' & 'Cars 3' Fight Over 2nd Place - Sunday AM
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Rats’ Director Morgan Spurlock On Crafting A Documentary That Plays Like A Horror Film
- ‘The Leftovers’ Creators Damon Lindelof & Tom Perrotta On Their Story Of Survivors
- ‘Bright Lights’ Directors Alexis Bloom & Fisher Stevens On Two Hollywood Icons Who Never Stopped Performing
- ‘Legion’ & ‘Fargo’ Stunt Coordinator Guy Bews On Executing A ‘Revenant’-Like One-Take Sequence In…
- How ‘The Immortal Life’ Director George C. Wolfe Honored The Life And Legacy Of Henrietta Lacks
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead On The Nine Lives Of Nikki Swango In ‘Fargo’ – Emmys Q&A