GLAAD, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation organization awarded its honors in Los Angeles tonight for most outstanding images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community in the media. AP is reporting that the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards went to ABC’s Modern Family for TV comedy series, the indie Beginners for wide-release film, and Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva and TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland in a tie for individual TV episode. The Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson won the Vanguard Award. But it was Chaz Bono who picked up a pair of trophies: the 43-year-old transgender activist won the outstanding documentary prize for Becoming Chaz as well as the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
GLAAD Media Awards Honor Chaz Bono, Josh Hutcherson, 'Modern Family', 'Drop Dead Diva', 'Hot In Cleveland', 'Beginners'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake