GLAAD, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation organization awarded its honors in Los Angeles tonight for most outstanding images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community in the media. AP is reporting that the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards went to ABC’s Modern Family for TV comedy series, the indie Beginners for wide-release film, and Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva and TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland in a tie for individual TV episode. The Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson won the Vanguard Award. But it was Chaz Bono who picked up a pair of trophies: the 43-year-old transgender activist won the outstanding documentary prize for Becoming Chaz as well as the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
GLAAD Media Awards Honor Chaz Bono, Josh Hutcherson, 'Modern Family', 'Drop Dead Diva', 'Hot In Cleveland', 'Beginners'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations: 'Call Me By Your Name', 'Lady Bird', 'Get Out', 'The Rider', 'Florida Project' Best Pics
Latest Awardsline News
- Andy Serkis Insists Performance Capture Acting Is Not “A Drug-Assisted Sport”
- Spirit Award Nominations: ‘Call Me By Your Name’, ‘Lady Bird’, ‘Get Out’, ‘The Rider’, ‘Florida Project…
- International Emmy Awards: Kenneth Branagh, Anna Friel Among Winners – Complete List
- PGA Awards Unveil Documentary Feature Nominees
- Seth Meyers In Talks To Host Golden Globe Awards
- ‘Mother!’ Director Darren Aronofsky: Why His Home Invasion Thriller Is Like Kindergarten