GLAAD, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation organization awarded its honors in Los Angeles tonight for most outstanding images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community in the media. AP is reporting that the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards went to ABC’s Modern Family for TV comedy series, the indie Beginners for wide-release film, and Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva and TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland in a tie for individual TV episode. The Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson won the Vanguard Award. But it was Chaz Bono who picked up a pair of trophies: the 43-year-old transgender activist won the outstanding documentary prize for Becoming Chaz as well as the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
GLAAD Media Awards Honor Chaz Bono, Josh Hutcherson, 'Modern Family', 'Drop Dead Diva', 'Hot In Cleveland', 'Beginners'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Awardsline News
- Ron Howard On Directing ‘The Beatles: Eight Days A Week – The Touring Years’: The Contenders Emmys Video
- Primetime Emmys Tap Glenn Weiss & Ricky Kirshner To Exec Produce Awards
- Deadline's TV Talk Podcast Episode #6: Big Screen To Small Screen Emmy Contenders, Roger Moore + Best Limited Series Hopefuls
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Creator Ava DuVernay On Finding A Place To Breathe – The Contenders Emmys Video
- Director Jerry Zaks On The Love Stories Behind ‘Hello, Dolly!’ – And Zero Mostel’s Mezuzah
- ‘Shots Fired’ Creators & Sanaa Lathan On How The Ferguson Riots Led To Fox Series – The Contenders…