GLAAD, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation organization awarded its honors in Los Angeles tonight for most outstanding images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community in the media. AP is reporting that the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards went to ABC’s Modern Family for TV comedy series, the indie Beginners for wide-release film, and Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva and TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland in a tie for individual TV episode. The Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson won the Vanguard Award. But it was Chaz Bono who picked up a pair of trophies: the 43-year-old transgender activist won the outstanding documentary prize for Becoming Chaz as well as the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
GLAAD Media Awards Honor Chaz Bono, Josh Hutcherson, 'Modern Family', 'Drop Dead Diva', 'Hot In Cleveland', 'Beginners'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Feud’: Charles And Diana Season 2 “Begins With Divorce Papers,” Says EP Ryan Murphy
- Kevin James On The Joys Of TV Over Film With ‘Kevin Can Wait’ – Emmys
- Deadline’s TV Talk Podcast Episode #1: Hammond & Patten On Emmy Kickoff & A Potential Writers Strike
- Tony Awards Announce 2017 Honors For Excellence
- ‘Veep’, ‘Atlanta’, ‘Horace & Pete’ Among Peabody Honorees; HBO, FX & Hulu Tie…
- Giovanni Ribisi Talks ‘Sneaky Pete’, Losing ‘Junior Star Search’ & Why He Can’t Escape ‘Friends’ – The…