GLAAD, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation organization awarded its honors in Los Angeles tonight for most outstanding images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community in the media. AP is reporting that the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards went to ABC’s Modern Family for TV comedy series, the indie Beginners for wide-release film, and Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva and TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland in a tie for individual TV episode. The Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson won the Vanguard Award. But it was Chaz Bono who picked up a pair of trophies: the 43-year-old transgender activist won the outstanding documentary prize for Becoming Chaz as well as the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
GLAAD Media Awards Honor Chaz Bono, Josh Hutcherson, 'Modern Family', 'Drop Dead Diva', 'Hot In Cleveland', 'Beginners'
What's Hot on Deadline
Allison Shearmur Funeral Service Set For Monday: Pals Pay Tribute To Late Tastemaking Studio Executive & Producer
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M+; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid Teens
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV
Latest Awardsline News
- Ryan Murphy Wanted To “Move The Cultural Dial” On TV With “Triumphant” Gay Characters…
- PGA Awards: ‘The Shape Of Water’ Wins Outstanding Producer; ‘Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’ Tops…
- Ava DuVernay Says Diversity Is An “Absolute Must” In Industry; Remembers Allison Shearmur – PGA Awards
- Charles Roven Recognizes “Vanguard Of Positive Change” In Hollywood — PGA Awards
- Jordan Peele Says It Feels Like “We’re In The Sunken Place” Right Now – PGA Awards
- Notes On The Season: Oscars Get Ready To Reveal All; Controversies Cloud Race; ‘Get Out’s’ Jordan Peele…