GLAAD, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation organization awarded its honors in Los Angeles tonight for most outstanding images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community in the media. AP is reporting that the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards went to ABC’s Modern Family for TV comedy series, the indie Beginners for wide-release film, and Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva and TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland in a tie for individual TV episode. The Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson won the Vanguard Award. But it was Chaz Bono who picked up a pair of trophies: the 43-year-old transgender activist won the outstanding documentary prize for Becoming Chaz as well as the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
GLAAD Media Awards Honor Chaz Bono, Josh Hutcherson, 'Modern Family', 'Drop Dead Diva', 'Hot In Cleveland', 'Beginners'
What's Hot on Deadline
Veteran ‘Criminal Minds’, Comedies 'Life In Pieces' & ‘Kevin Can Wait’ Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
'The Equalizer 2' Trailer: Denzel Washington Returns As Justice-Seeker In Antoine Fuqua Action Thriller
Cannes Adds Lars Von Trier, Whitney Houston Doc, Michael B. Jordan Sci-Fi, Terry Gilliam's 'Don Quixote', More
Latest Awardsline News
- Deadline’s TV Talk Podcast Returns: Emmy Comedy Best Actor Contenders & More
- ‘Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’, John Oliver & ‘SNL’ Among Peabody Winners
- Maggie Gyllenhaal On Playing Hookers And Porn Stars, Donald Trump’s ‘Deuce’ Connection, And Taking Control Of Her Career – The…
- Tony Awards Watch: ‘The Band’s Visit’ Delivered A Personal Reckoning (And A Broadway Catchphrase) To…
- Dan Fellman Joins Film Academy’s Board Of Governors After Bill Mechanic Exit
- Broadway’s ‘Harry Potter’, ‘Mean Girls’, ‘Angels In America’ Among Drama League Award Nominees…