GLAAD, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation organization awarded its honors in Los Angeles tonight for most outstanding images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community in the media. AP is reporting that the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards went to ABC’s Modern Family for TV comedy series, the indie Beginners for wide-release film, and Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva and TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland in a tie for individual TV episode. The Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson won the Vanguard Award. But it was Chaz Bono who picked up a pair of trophies: the 43-year-old transgender activist won the outstanding documentary prize for Becoming Chaz as well as the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
GLAAD Media Awards Honor Chaz Bono, Josh Hutcherson, 'Modern Family', 'Drop Dead Diva', 'Hot In Cleveland', 'Beginners'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Pompeo On New 'Grey's Anatomy' Deal, The Show's End Game & Legacy And Her Post-'Grey's' Future - Q&A
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Ellen Pompeo Inks New 2-Year Deal For 'Grey's Anatomy', Paving Way For Seasons 15 & 16, Adds Producing Duties
Latest Awardsline News
- Gina Rodriguez Outfitted To Host Costume Designers Guild Awards; Career Honorees Set
- Angelina Jolie To Receive ASC’s Board Of Governors Award
- ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ & ‘Lady Bird’ Among Nominees For AARP’s Movies For Grownups…
- Sam Rockwell To Receive Santa Barbara’s American Riviera Honor
- James L. Brooks To Receive WGA West’s Laurel Award For Screenwriting
- USC Scripter Awards Nominations: Ties Make For Loaded Flim & TV Field