GLAAD, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation organization awarded its honors in Los Angeles tonight for most outstanding images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community in the media. AP is reporting that the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards went to ABC’s Modern Family for TV comedy series, the indie Beginners for wide-release film, and Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva and TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland in a tie for individual TV episode. The Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson won the Vanguard Award. But it was Chaz Bono who picked up a pair of trophies: the 43-year-old transgender activist won the outstanding documentary prize for Becoming Chaz as well as the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
GLAAD Media Awards Honor Chaz Bono, Josh Hutcherson, 'Modern Family', 'Drop Dead Diva', 'Hot In Cleveland', 'Beginners'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spiderman' Interview - CinemaCon
Sony CinemaCon Presentation: 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Blade Runner 2049', 'Dark Tower', 'Emoji Movie' & More - Live
Latest Awardsline News
- Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The “New Sony”; Plus ‘Spiderman’ Interview…
- Patricia Arquette To Be Honored At The 2017 GLAAD Media Awards, Will Pay Tribute To Sister Alexis Arquette
- James Corden On The Game He’d Like To Have President Donald Trump Play — PaleyFest
- 2017 Daytime Emmy Nominations: CBS Leads Networks With 70 Noms, ‘Young & Restless’ Tops With 25
- At Hollywood’s Film Academy, Debt Is Up, Revenue Down & Awards Income About Even
- SXSW Audiences Give Top Honors To ‘Light Of The Moon’, ‘Baby Driver’, ‘Dealt’