GLAAD, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation organization awarded its honors in Los Angeles tonight for most outstanding images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community in the media. AP is reporting that the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards went to ABC’s Modern Family for TV comedy series, the indie Beginners for wide-release film, and Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva and TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland in a tie for individual TV episode. The Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson won the Vanguard Award. But it was Chaz Bono who picked up a pair of trophies: the 43-year-old transgender activist won the outstanding documentary prize for Becoming Chaz as well as the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
GLAAD Media Awards Honor Chaz Bono, Josh Hutcherson, 'Modern Family', 'Drop Dead Diva', 'Hot In Cleveland', 'Beginners'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
Latest Awardsline News
- Dick Van Dyke To Receive BAFTA’s Britannia Excellence In TV Award
- Deadline’s PMC, Hollywood Filmmakers & Sports Teams Back Launch Of National Heroes Day
- American Cinematheque To Honor Imax At Awards Gala
- ‘Saturday Night Live’s Female Cast Members Seize The Day At Emmy Noms
- ‘Stranger Things’ Star David Harbour On Darker Hopper In Magic But Different Season 2
- Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon & Alexander Skarsgard Talk ‘Big Little Lies’ Season 2 & Who Is Behind…