GLAAD, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation organization awarded its honors in Los Angeles tonight for most outstanding images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community in the media. AP is reporting that the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards went to ABC’s Modern Family for TV comedy series, the indie Beginners for wide-release film, and Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva and TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland in a tie for individual TV episode. The Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson won the Vanguard Award. But it was Chaz Bono who picked up a pair of trophies: the 43-year-old transgender activist won the outstanding documentary prize for Becoming Chaz as well as the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
GLAAD Media Awards Honor Chaz Bono, Josh Hutcherson, 'Modern Family', 'Drop Dead Diva', 'Hot In Cleveland', 'Beginners'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Latest Awardsline News
- Laura Dern On The “Restorative Justice” Of Jennifer Fox’s ‘The Tale’ In The Time’s Up Era — Awardsline…
- Obie Awards Complete Winners List: Rajiv Joseph’s ‘Describe The Night’ Among Honorees
- ‘9-1-1’s Angela Bassett Brings The Heat In First Cop Role
- Lena Waithe To Be Honored With MTV Movie & TV Trailblazer Award
- Emmy Double Play: Peter Kunhardt Directs Two Awards-Contending Docs, On John McCain & Martin Luther King Jr.
- Billboard Music Awards Complete Winners List: Janet Jackson Honored With Icon Award, Ed Sheeran Takes Top Artist