GLAAD, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation organization awarded its honors in Los Angeles tonight for most outstanding images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community in the media. AP is reporting that the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards went to ABC’s Modern Family for TV comedy series, the indie Beginners for wide-release film, and Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva and TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland in a tie for individual TV episode. The Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson won the Vanguard Award. But it was Chaz Bono who picked up a pair of trophies: the 43-year-old transgender activist won the outstanding documentary prize for Becoming Chaz as well as the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
GLAAD Media Awards Honor Chaz Bono, Josh Hutcherson, 'Modern Family', 'Drop Dead Diva', 'Hot In Cleveland', 'Beginners'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Awardsline News
- Humanitas Prize Winners Include ‘Mudbound’, ‘The Post’ & ‘Lady Bird’
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Contenders Gird For Final Battle; ‘Get Out’s Awards A-Peele; James Ivory To Set…
- ‘Three Billboards’, ‘Maudie’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Lead Irish Film And Drama Awards; ‘Michael Inside…
- Obstacles & Triumphs Of 9 Best Picture Nominees Vying To Close 90th Oscars
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele & Daniel Kaluuya Reveal The Careful Chemistry Behind Most Combustible Best…
- ‘I Am Not A Witch’ Director Rungano Nyoni Worked With Non-Professionals Overseas On “Super-Ambitious” Zambian…