EXCLUSIVE: Comedian George Lopez has been tapped as the host of Fox’s summer dating reality series Take Me Out, which will premiere June 7 and air in the Thursday 8-9 PM slot. Based on an international format, Take Me Out, produced by FremantleMedia North America, is filmed in front of a studio audience and features a “Flirty 30″ panel consisting of 30 good-looking single women. Every week, the women meet several bachelors who try impress them with their looks, personality and sense of humor. Lopez will play matchmaker between the female contestants and the men hoping for the chance to take one lucky lady out on an ultimate dream date. After the women narrow down their field to those interested in the guy on stage, the man takes charge until posing one final question to the two remaining women before choosing the winner. Take Me Out is executive produced by Jeff Apploff (Don’t Forget The Lyrics). Lopez, who most recently hosted a late-night talk show on TBS, has a family comedy series in the works at Debmar-Mercury. He is with CAA and 3 Arts.
George Lopez To Host Fox's Dating Reality Series 'Take Me Out'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast