Current California Lieutenant Governor and longtime liberal talking head Gavin Newsom has landed his own show on Current TV. The former San Francisco mayor, who briefly ran for California governor in 2009, will host the weekly hourlong talker The Gavin Newsom Show beginning next month. The network said in making the announcement today that the show will have a California focus, interviewing “notables from Silicon Valley, Hollywood and beyond.” Former Forbes and CNN executive Mia Haugen will executive produce. “Gavin Newsom is a courageous leader who has boldly seized every opportunity to create positive social change,” Current TV chairman Al Gore said. “First as a successful entrepreneur, then in his role as Mayor of San Francisco, and now as Lieutenant Governor, Newsom touches many worlds — business, politics, entertainment and activism. We are honored that Current TV will be bringing his curiosity, intelligence, insights and enthusiasm to television.” Current is on the hunt for new voices after the abrupt and nasty departure of network linchpin Keith Olbermann in March. The anchor made good on his word to sue Current and its bosses Gore and Joel Hyatt, claiming breach of contract and that Gore and Hyatt undermined him and ignored his suggestions and concerns about the network. Current’s lineup now includes Eliot Spitzer, Cenk Uygur and Jennifer Granholm.
Gavin Newsom Lands Current TV Show
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- AT&T Plans More DirecTV-Wireless Phone Bundles To Fight Churn
- Playground Options David Enrich’s Financial Exposé ‘The Spider Network’ For Series Development
- Fox Network Buys Erica Oyama Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Faith Hill & Scripps Partner On Lifestyle Talk Show Set For Fall Debut; Kellie Pickler Co-Hosts
- After 1-Day Strike, IATSE Wins Contract With NBC’s ‘Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge’
- NBC’s Robert Greenblatt On The Importance Of Leaving A Digital Footprint – NAB Show