HBO’s fantasy series Game of Thrones kicked off its second season with 3.9 million viewers tuning in at 9 PM on Sunday, easily eclipsing the series’ previous high posted by the Season 1 finale in June (3 million). The second season opener was up 74% vs. Game Of Thrones‘ series premiere last year, and 27% vs. the finale. Across HBO’s three GOT plays on Sunday, the premiere accumulated 6.3 million viewers. With those numbers, consider a season three renewal imminent.
'Game Of Thrones' Second Season Premiere Delivers Big Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices