HBO’s fantasy series Game of Thrones kicked off its second season with 3.9 million viewers tuning in at 9 PM on Sunday, easily eclipsing the series’ previous high posted by the Season 1 finale in June (3 million). The second season opener was up 74% vs. Game Of Thrones‘ series premiere last year, and 27% vs. the finale. Across HBO’s three GOT plays on Sunday, the premiere accumulated 6.3 million viewers. With those numbers, consider a season three renewal imminent.
'Game Of Thrones' Second Season Premiere Delivers Big Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report