Breaking In‘s return proved short-lived. The network is pulling the sophomore comedy off the schedule for the remainder for the season. Following Raising Hope‘s season finale next Tuesday, Breaking In was slated to resume airing originals in the 9:30 PM slot after New Girl. Now the network will air New Girl repeats in the time period. It hasn’t been determined when Breaking In‘s unaired episodes will run, with summer considered a strong possibility. Breaking In‘s fate mirrors that of freshman Fox comedy I Hate My Teenage Daughter, which was also recently pulled off the schedule in favor of repeats. Breaking In, which got a second-season pickup after being cancelled last May and a revamp, has been underperforming, opening its sophomore season with a 1.7/4 in adults 18-49 last month and logging a 1.3/3 in its most recent airing, tying a season low. It looks like Fox is looking to bolster its already renewed New Girl by double-pumping the freshman comedy.
Fox Pulls 'Breaking In' Off The Schedule
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison
- ‘Grace And Frankie’: Marta Kauffman On Season 3, Dolly Parton & Why It’s Great To Be A Woman