Breaking In‘s return proved short-lived. The network is pulling the sophomore comedy off the schedule for the remainder for the season. Following Raising Hope‘s season finale next Tuesday, Breaking In was slated to resume airing originals in the 9:30 PM slot after New Girl. Now the network will air New Girl repeats in the time period. It hasn’t been determined when Breaking In‘s unaired episodes will run, with summer considered a strong possibility. Breaking In‘s fate mirrors that of freshman Fox comedy I Hate My Teenage Daughter, which was also recently pulled off the schedule in favor of repeats. Breaking In, which got a second-season pickup after being cancelled last May and a revamp, has been underperforming, opening its sophomore season with a 1.7/4 in adults 18-49 last month and logging a 1.3/3 in its most recent airing, tying a season low. It looks like Fox is looking to bolster its already renewed New Girl by double-pumping the freshman comedy.
Fox Pulls 'Breaking In' Off The Schedule
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Talks Normalizing “The Other” And A Happy Ending For The Shondaland Show
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides