American Idol host Ryan Seacrest was already scheduled to appear on Fox’s upcoming 25th Anniversary special. Now the network announced he will host the two-hour special, slated to air Next Sunday, April 22. In a more surprising part of the announcement, Fox announced Kelsey Grammer among the latest talent additions to the special. While he has had a recurring role on The Simpsons, on Fox is is best known as the star of the network’s sitcom Back To You, which was controversially cancelled in 2008 after one solidly-rated season. Shortly thereafter, Grammer suffered a heart attack, which he attributed to stress caused by the cancellation. His appearance on the special is the latest sign of mending fences by Fox entertainment president over the demise of Back To You, which also alienated the series’ creators Steve Levitan and Christopher Lloyd who famously took their followup project, Modern Family, to ABC. Levitan is back at Fox this season with the pilot Rebounding, which he executive produces. In addition to Grammer, also joining previously announced talent on the anniversary special are House star Hugh Laurie and In Living Color‘s Tommy Davidson.
Fox Anniversary Special: Ryan Seacrest Tapped As Host, Nod To 'Back To You'?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Ropes $39M; 'Ninjago' Dulls Sword To $20M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $1.8M
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest TV News
- ‘Will & Grace’ Gang Takes On Donnie & Melania – Tribeca TV Festival
- Stevie Wonder “Takes A Knee” For America At Global Citizen Festival
- ‘Free Speech Week’ With Milo Yiannopoulos, Ann Coulter, Steve Bannon Canceled At UC Berkeley
- Golden State Warriors Will Not Visit Donald Trump’s White House
- MSNBC Devotes Day To Global Citizen Festival Featuring Stevie Wonder, Green Day, Pharrell Williams
- Donald Trump Doubles Down On NFL Stance: Kneelers Should Be Fired