American Idol host Ryan Seacrest was already scheduled to appear on Fox’s upcoming 25th Anniversary special. Now the network announced he will host the two-hour special, slated to air Next Sunday, April 22. In a more surprising part of the announcement, Fox announced Kelsey Grammer among the latest talent additions to the special. While he has had a recurring role on The Simpsons, on Fox is is best known as the star of the network’s sitcom Back To You, which was controversially cancelled in 2008 after one solidly-rated season. Shortly thereafter, Grammer suffered a heart attack, which he attributed to stress caused by the cancellation. His appearance on the special is the latest sign of mending fences by Fox entertainment president over the demise of Back To You, which also alienated the series’ creators Steve Levitan and Christopher Lloyd who famously took their followup project, Modern Family, to ABC. Levitan is back at Fox this season with the pilot Rebounding, which he executive produces. In addition to Grammer, also joining previously announced talent on the anniversary special are House star Hugh Laurie and In Living Color‘s Tommy Davidson.
Fox Anniversary Special: Ryan Seacrest Tapped As Host, Nod To 'Back To You'?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘This Is Us’ Tops ‘The Big Bang Theory’ For the First Time In Live+7 Demo Ratings
- ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Shocks Fans With The Return Of A Familiar Face
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- ‘This Is Us’ EPs On Tearjerker ‘Memphis’ Episode, Its Impact On Randall & Future Storylines
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Promises Ben Carson Will Find “True Meaning Of HUD”
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role