EXCLUSIVE: Two weeks into its freshman run, FEARnet’s first original series Holliston has been renewed for a second season. The offbeat, 1980s-throwback horror-comedy, starring genre filmmakers Adam Green (Hatchet 1 & 2) and Joe Lynch (Knights Of Badassdom), will return in summer 2013. Created by Green and produced by ArieScope Pictures, Holliston marked the first original production for the linear network. (FEARnet has done original digital series for the Web.) “Holliston resonates with both genre junkies and more mainstream comedy fans alike, making our first push into original programming a successful attempt for diversifying our schedule and showing the breadth of our audience,” said FEARnet GM and president Peter Block. Returning alongside Green and Lynch for Season 2 are co-stars Laura Ortiz; Corri English, the lead singer of Brokedown Cadillac; Twisted Sister’s Dee Snider; and Oderus Urungus, lead singer of GWAR. Green said he has been “overjoyed” by the audience’s reaction to the show. “It’s amazing to watch the characters be embraced so quickly and to see fans quoting it on Twitter, Facebook and at conventions around the country,” he said. Holliston premiered April 3 and airs as part of FEARnet’s Twisted Comedy Block. Its third episode airs tonight. Here’s a preview:
FEARnet Renews 'Holliston' For Season 2
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'