Coming off a Super Bowl win, New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning will host Saturday Night Live on May 5 with musical guest Rihanna. Athletes have always been big ratings drivers when hosting the NBC sketch comedy show. Manning’s brother, Peyton Manning, and Eli’s Super Bowl rival Tom Brady delivered some of the highest SNL numbers over the past decade with their hosting stints, a 5.9 and a 6.0 household rating, respectively. Eli Manning will likely do well too, possibly topping the 5.5 rating posted by the Lindsay Lohan-hosted SNL show, the highest-rated SNL edition this season excluding the NFL Wildcard playoff-inflated telecast.
Eli Manning To Host 'Saturday Night Live', Ratings Touchdown Expected
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot