Coming off a Super Bowl win, New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning will host Saturday Night Live on May 5 with musical guest Rihanna. Athletes have always been big ratings drivers when hosting the NBC sketch comedy show. Manning’s brother, Peyton Manning, and Eli’s Super Bowl rival Tom Brady delivered some of the highest SNL numbers over the past decade with their hosting stints, a 5.9 and a 6.0 household rating, respectively. Eli Manning will likely do well too, possibly topping the 5.5 rating posted by the Lindsay Lohan-hosted SNL show, the highest-rated SNL edition this season excluding the NFL Wildcard playoff-inflated telecast.
Eli Manning To Host 'Saturday Night Live', Ratings Touchdown Expected
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better