Coming off a Super Bowl win, New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning will host Saturday Night Live on May 5 with musical guest Rihanna. Athletes have always been big ratings drivers when hosting the NBC sketch comedy show. Manning’s brother, Peyton Manning, and Eli’s Super Bowl rival Tom Brady delivered some of the highest SNL numbers over the past decade with their hosting stints, a 5.9 and a 6.0 household rating, respectively. Eli Manning will likely do well too, possibly topping the 5.5 rating posted by the Lindsay Lohan-hosted SNL show, the highest-rated SNL edition this season excluding the NFL Wildcard playoff-inflated telecast.
Eli Manning To Host 'Saturday Night Live', Ratings Touchdown Expected
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'