Coming off a Super Bowl win, New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning will host Saturday Night Live on May 5 with musical guest Rihanna. Athletes have always been big ratings drivers when hosting the NBC sketch comedy show. Manning’s brother, Peyton Manning, and Eli’s Super Bowl rival Tom Brady delivered some of the highest SNL numbers over the past decade with their hosting stints, a 5.9 and a 6.0 household rating, respectively. Eli Manning will likely do well too, possibly topping the 5.5 rating posted by the Lindsay Lohan-hosted SNL show, the highest-rated SNL edition this season excluding the NFL Wildcard playoff-inflated telecast.
Eli Manning To Host 'Saturday Night Live', Ratings Touchdown Expected
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'