Coming off a Super Bowl win, New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning will host Saturday Night Live on May 5 with musical guest Rihanna. Athletes have always been big ratings drivers when hosting the NBC sketch comedy show. Manning’s brother, Peyton Manning, and Eli’s Super Bowl rival Tom Brady delivered some of the highest SNL numbers over the past decade with their hosting stints, a 5.9 and a 6.0 household rating, respectively. Eli Manning will likely do well too, possibly topping the 5.5 rating posted by the Lindsay Lohan-hosted SNL show, the highest-rated SNL edition this season excluding the NFL Wildcard playoff-inflated telecast.
Eli Manning To Host 'Saturday Night Live', Ratings Touchdown Expected
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Mike Pence’s Plane With Press Aboard Skids Off NY Runway; No Injuries
- NBCUniversal & Comcast Slapped With Age Discrimination Suit By Ex-E! SVP