EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that E! is finalizing a deal for a third-season renewal of After Lately, the offshoot from the network’s successful late-night talk show Chelsea Lately. The pickup will likely be announced Monday at E!’s upfront presentation. Chelsea Lately has already been renewed through 2014 as part of the new rich deal Chelsea Handler signed with E! in November. Handler, along with her Borderline Amazing Prods partner Tom Brunelle, serve as executive producers on both Chelsea Lately and After Lately. The second-season finale of After Lately in January, which featured appearances by Jennifer Aniston, Jay Leno and Jane Fonda, drew the series’ largest audience ever, 1.7 million total viewers. Overall, Season 2 of the comedy late-night show, whose guests also have included Reese Witherspoon, averaged 1.1 million total viewers, up 33% from Season 1.
E! Renews 'After Lately' For Third Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings