EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that E! is finalizing a deal for a third-season renewal of After Lately, the offshoot from the network’s successful late-night talk show Chelsea Lately. The pickup will likely be announced Monday at E!’s upfront presentation. Chelsea Lately has already been renewed through 2014 as part of the new rich deal Chelsea Handler signed with E! in November. Handler, along with her Borderline Amazing Prods partner Tom Brunelle, serve as executive producers on both Chelsea Lately and After Lately. The second-season finale of After Lately in January, which featured appearances by Jennifer Aniston, Jay Leno and Jane Fonda, drew the series’ largest audience ever, 1.7 million total viewers. Overall, Season 2 of the comedy late-night show, whose guests also have included Reese Witherspoon, averaged 1.1 million total viewers, up 33% from Season 1.
E! Renews 'After Lately' For Third Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- NBC Cancels 'Working The Engels'
- Fox Buys Sibling Rivalry Comedy From Dana Klein With Put Pilot Commitment
- Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters Of Sex' For Third Season