EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that E! is finalizing a deal for a third-season renewal of After Lately, the offshoot from the network’s successful late-night talk show Chelsea Lately. The pickup will likely be announced Monday at E!’s upfront presentation. Chelsea Lately has already been renewed through 2014 as part of the new rich deal Chelsea Handler signed with E! in November. Handler, along with her Borderline Amazing Prods partner Tom Brunelle, serve as executive producers on both Chelsea Lately and After Lately. The second-season finale of After Lately in January, which featured appearances by Jennifer Aniston, Jay Leno and Jane Fonda, drew the series’ largest audience ever, 1.7 million total viewers. Overall, Season 2 of the comedy late-night show, whose guests also have included Reese Witherspoon, averaged 1.1 million total viewers, up 33% from Season 1.
E! Renews 'After Lately' For Third Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate