Ben Silverman’s Electus is teaming with Dwayne Johnson on TV and social media competition series The Hero. The show will lead a search for the next great hero by setting ordinary people on a high-stakes global adventure. Three teams will simultaneously be stationed on three different continents where they will face moral dilemmas testing their courage, leadership skills and self-sacrifice limits. The show was created by Craig Armstrong and Rick Ringbakk of 5×5 Media and Silverman. It’s exec produced by Electus, 5×5, Charles Wachter, WME-repped Johnson and Dany Garcia. Electus International has worldwide distribution.
Dwayne Johnson, Electus On Hunt For 'The Hero' In New Competition Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Black Panther' Keeps Box Office Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; 'I Can Only Imagine' Sings $17M High Note
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise With Host Bill Hader
- ‘SNL’ Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By “Canada’s Harvey Weinstein,” Trots Out Impressions In ‘Jurassic…
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars
- ‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Season 2 Expanded