Ben Silverman’s Electus is teaming with Dwayne Johnson on TV and social media competition series The Hero. The show will lead a search for the next great hero by setting ordinary people on a high-stakes global adventure. Three teams will simultaneously be stationed on three different continents where they will face moral dilemmas testing their courage, leadership skills and self-sacrifice limits. The show was created by Craig Armstrong and Rick Ringbakk of 5×5 Media and Silverman. It’s exec produced by Electus, 5×5, Charles Wachter, WME-repped Johnson and Dany Garcia. Electus International has worldwide distribution.
Dwayne Johnson, Electus On Hunt For 'The Hero' In New Competition Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Will Win Third Weekend Lap With $20M, But It's 'Baahubali 2' That's Surprising - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
- NFL Draft: CAA Sports Reps Record-Tying Nine First-Round Picks
- Emmys: Netflix Ramping Up Campaign Strategy With Monthlong ‘FYSee’ Program Targeting Voters
- ‘The Gong Show’ Revival Sets Tommy Maitland (AKA Mike Myers?) As Host
- ‘Ray Donovan’ & ‘Episodes’ Get Summer Premiere Dates; ‘Twin Peaks’ Finale…
- ‘The Vampire Chronicles’: Paramount TV & Anonymous Content Option Anne Rice Books For TV Series